• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Trouba Hit on Michael Dal Colle

Phil

It also makes no sense. You can't leave your feet. Your skates leave the playing surface. You don't leave your feet.

In my experience, most people just don't understand physics. Watch any body check. Not just the devastating ones. Skates leave the playing surface all the time as a result of momentum. The key is whether or not you propel yourself upward through a hit before you make contact.

Can't agree more....:thumbs:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It also makes no sense. You can't leave your feet. Your skates leave the playing surface. You don't leave your feet.

In my experience, most people just don't understand physics. Watch any body check. Not just the devastating ones. Skates leave the playing surface all the time as a result of momentum. The key is whether or not you propel yourself upward through a hit before you make contact.

The hit was perfectly legal, Dal Colle put himself in a vulnerable position. I am so tired of hearing people complain he left his feet. Its exactly like Phil said hermits all physics. When a car hits another car, the rear end goes up, and its the same thing with a hit in hockey. You have a guy moving and then stopping suddenly, all of that energy has to go someplace.

The hit was perfectly legal, Dal Colle put himself in a vulnerable position. I am so tired of hearing people complain he left his feet. Its exactly like Phil said hermits all physics. When a car hits another car, the rear end goes up, and its the same thing with a hit in hockey. You have a guy moving and then stopping suddenly, all of that energy has to go someplace.

Bingo.

No, he didn't

Glad, you've come to your senses.

Oh I get what you’re saying. Technically he does leave his feet. And he does hit the head.

My point is that it’s totally a subjective process and a lot of it is based on arbitrary stuff from whichever individual(s) review it.

I’m saying the league’s discretion in judging these things is absurd. Part of that is that these things aren’t always easy to judge.

His skates come off the ice. Whether it’s through momentum or otherwise is essentially up to them.

They don’t exactly do a good job of it.

Like the targeting thing.

Just because the head is contacted, does that mean you’ve targeted the head?

Personally I think he hit his sternum/chest first and then hits the head. Or maybe at the same time. Or maybe the opposite, but it’s all happening in less than a second.

And what if the guy moves his head into the path of the hit at the last second?

Who’s fault is that?

Is it purposeful or just incidental?

It’s just a shitty system.

I’m not sure how people could think this is illegal or should be illegal.

“He lead with his shoulder” : no shit. That’s how you hit.

“He left his feet” : after contact, which is called physics.

Fact is, you learn when you’re 12 years old to keep your head up. This is why. Don’t wanna get killed? Don’t skate through the middle of the ice with youre eyes glued to your feet. Because when you do and some guy drives his shoulder through your sternum your head will also take a beating just for being lower than it should be.

Trouba has had some great hits but this is Hit of the year.

I’m not sure how people could think this is illegal or should be illegal.

“He lead with his shoulder” : no shit. That’s how you hit.

“He left his feet” : after contact, which is called physics.

Fact is, you learn when you’re 12 years old to keep your head up. This is why. Don’t wanna get killed? Don’t skate through the middle of the ice with youre eyes glued to your feet. Because when you do and some guy drives his shoulder through your sternum your head will also take a beating just for being lower than it should be.

Trouba has had some great hits but this is Hit of the year.

You forgot "it was a headshot".

• Like 1

Looks like he got a piece of his chiny chin chin

Of course he did. His head is connected to his torso. In order to only hit a guys chest, he'd have to launch himself vertical and cross body block him. It's impossible.

"He might have gotten a piece of his chin" is not what makes a hit illegal.

Did everyone just gloss over this??? Shoulder to chest, feet on the ice...

It’s not so much that guys glossed it over, just some decided it’s illegal regardless because a whisper of his head was touched. It was legal. Point of contact was chest. His head is connected to that so of course it gets affected to. Refs and nhl got it right.

For what it’s worth, listening to nhl network on Sirius all day so far and the consensus is legal check but if it was your player, you’d be pissed too.

You guys are high if you don't see clear head contact there.

The homerism is strong here.

I don't expect the NHL Network to critique a hit that the NHL called clean.

Or maybe your opinion is just different? I’ve listened to countless Islander fans calling up saying the hit was clean. Give the vitriol a rest for a change. It’s an opinion and interpretation of a hockey play.

:confused:

wonders if the bruins board has such a discussion whenever nose face killah does something completely sleazy.

i think it was clean. contact was shoulder to chest. if he hit his head it was slight and unintentional. leave feet = physics.

you guys are just forgetting what a hard hit looks like because its being removed from the game.

you guys don't seem to forget what trolling is however....

• Like 2

How so? By telling u to give it a rest? You're totally making stuff up that isn't there. It's one thing to have an opinion. We all have those. It's another to say if an opinion doesn't agree with you it's sarcastically because one is either high or just being a homer.

Honestly, you're just a hockey fan with an opinion, just like everyone else. Just leave the rhetoric out. I'm not seeing how it's adding anything to the conversation.

It's interesting to see that you knew sarcasm was involved but you took it seriously.

How many times a day do you say "You're high if you think X, Y, Z"?

It's an accepted form of banter, which I thought was what happened here.