• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL Lindy Ruff MUST GO Thread

Ozzy

Ok, I'm starting this one now, and it needs to be addressed sooner than later...Hopefully as soon as this season comes to an end. We need an experienced and dedicated coach to take what we have coming up the pipe, as far as young defenseman, and turn these kids into solid players, playing a defensive system in unison with this offense.

Ruff is not the guy...I've seen enough, and it's time to get this shit done, post haste.

Jump on the bandwagon if you wanna, or disagree if you must, but something's gotta give here, and the time is nigh!

Why? This is the best this team has looked since the rebuild. They are fun to watch again.

You did watch the final 7 minutes of last night's game? It's that whole "We can't hold a lead" thing that eats at me. It wasn't the first time either.

The team scoring isn't an answer for rotten defense....

That's how every game plays out in that situation. Every single game.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this isn't his defensive scheme, he's not even responsible for the defence in any way other than yelling at them between shifts.

But, if he's going to take the blame, I see a lot of improvement vs days gone by under this regime.

Also, the PK is hot, that's his thing.

Really, I just like having an actual bona fide professional hockey coach on the bench vs. The other guys that are learning about the pro game.

• Like 1

That's how every game plays out in that situation. Every single game.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this isn't his defensive scheme, he's not even responsible for the defence in any way other than yelling at them between shifts.

But, if he's going to take the blame, I see a lot of improvement vs days gone by under this regime.

Also, the PK is hot, that's his thing.

Really, I just like having an actual bonafide professional hockey coach on the bench vs. The other guys that are learning about the pro game.

Then let him be the PP coach...we need a guy who can teach defense. These kids need to learn a system.

Now? This is the best the D has played since Sheshterkin has come up.

I read somewhere yesterday morning, out of something like playing 450+ 5 on 5 minutes played, Marc Staal has been on the ice for like the 5th least amount of goals.

Most likely not now, Blue....but over the off season. The Rangers scoring and ability to put the puck in the net is hiding the fact that they cough up over 40 shots a game on a regular basis. Any goalie, including Shesty is going to be seeing pucks in his sleep, and he's not going to stop 'em all.

Structure is the key on defense and this team needs it badly.

Try to watch them in their own zone when they can't get the puck out and they're tired as shit from chasing the wrong players around in circles when they can just switch off correctly. The "system (...and I use that term very loosely) is flawed. Ask anybody up here that has experience of playing a defensive system, and they'll agree. They're a mess on defense.

They are sandwiched between Ottawa and Chicago as the 3 worst teams for SA/GP.

You don't need to ask anyone what that means. It's pretty evident.

Every advanced metric has them as one of the worst shotshare teams in the league.

It's something they're going to have to develop. They need some type of backcheck or forecheck that doesn't allow teams to simply skate right in and set up at will. Be it Ruff or whomever has the clipboard for defense, has simply got to adopt some type of strategy that isn't just, "hey fellas, get your stick in the shooting lanes, and hey guys, block shots!"

If Ruff is indeed the defensive coach, or whatever he is, then we need a change. There's no system out there...none.

This is driving me nuts that this team is terrible at face offs can't they bring someone in ? Get Adam Oates in here for lessons.

I said Doug Jarvis, Paddy!!! LOL But yeah, I'll take Adam Oates!!!!!

I watch this puke every game too, dude, and it makes me wanna kick a kitten! :rofl:

It's something they're going to have to develop. They need some type of backcheck or forecheck that doesn't allow teams to simply skate right in and set up at will. Be it Ruff or whomever has the clipboard for defense, has simply got to adopt some type of strategy that isn't just, "hey fellas, get your stick in the shooting lanes, and hey guys, block shots!"

If Ruff is indeed the defensive coach, or whatever he is, then we need a change. There's no system out there...none.

It’s Quinn’s system though.

Now? This is the best the D has played since Sheshterkin has come up.

I read somewhere yesterday morning, out of something like playing 450+ 5 on 5 minutes played, Marc Staal has been on the ice for like the 5th least amount of goals.

Seriously. This is a weird time for this post. Rangers D is playing very very well.

Seriously. This is a weird time for this post. Rangers D is playing very very well.

I dunno 31, I see 45 shots on goal per game, every game now, and some serious amount of grade A chances that our goalies have been very fortunate enough to get a piece of. This post isn't for this season, it's for what's ahead on the radar. There's no way a team is going to be a contender, coughing up 45 shots a game...and from point blank range, no less.

As the remainder of the 2020 schedule progresses, and we get matched against teams that can dent the twine as well, or better than us, you'll see how this "System" needs some serious work.

Maybe I watch for different things during the games, but I don't see much from our squad when it comes to "Team Defense".

I dunno 31, I see 45 shots on goal per game, every game now, and some serious amount of grade A chances that our goalies have been very fortunate enough to get a piece of. This post isn't for this season, it's for what's ahead on the radar. There's no way a team is going to be a contender, coughing up 45 shots a game...and from point blank range, no less.

As the remainder of the 2020 schedule progresses, and we get matched against teams that can dent the twine as well, or better than us, you'll see how this "System" needs some serious work.

Maybe I watch for different things during the games, but I don't see much from our squad when it comes to "Team Defense".

Well it’s not every game.

There’s actually been some nice defensive performances sprinkled in.

But it’s still too many games where they need buckets to catch the lead the other team is laying down.

Well it’s not every game.

There’s actually been some nice defensive performances sprinkled in.

But it’s still too many games where they need buckets to catch the lead the other team is laying down.

I don't remember too many defensive sparklers this season...maybe for goalies, though ;)

The one thing I've noticed system wise is Rangers getting control of the puck in between the dots a hell of alot more than AVs defense. Their keeping the gaps tighter in the slot and not chasing as much as the AV days. I don't know if yous guys have noticed it or if I'm completely wrong but they breakout of that area much more now, IMO.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Possibly time to bump this thread again;

Just watched yesterday's game again...this time without barfing....yeah, something's going to have to get done in the off season with this defensive scheme....or lack-thereof!!

Yeah. Lindy Ruff is the villian. I see him every game stand around and watch as players cascade into the crease. He never takes the man out. He's always missing assignments. He's slow and lazy on the backcheck. Takes lazy,stupid penalties. And, never, ever shoots the puck. Ever!! Can't win a face-off either. Yup. It's all Ruff's fault. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: