• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Best Possible Scenario for the Remaining 20 Games?

Flynn

Surprising goal-tending: Hank rediscovers 2014 Hank and Georgiev is terrific (jacking up his value).

The offense continues to outpace the defensive shortcomings and we leapfrog Columbus and Carolina for the 2nd WC. (Columbus is dead in the water I think already).

Root like hell for both Carolina and Toronto fall apart like a 2 dollar suit in the rain the rest of the way.

Making the playoffs and getting a pick in the early teens for Brady would be the best possible outcome here.

Surprising goal-tending: Hank rediscovers 2014 Hank and Georgiev is terrific (jacking up his value).

The offense continues to outpace the defensive shortcomings and we leapfrog Columbus and Carolina for the 2nd WC. (Columbus is dead in the water I think already).

Root like hell for both Carolina and Toronto fall apart like a 2 dollar suit in the rain the rest of the way.

Making the playoffs and getting a pick in the early teens for Brady would be the best possible outcome here.

Why root against Toronto to fall apart besides seeing a team that was suppose to be a contender not make it? They are in the 3rd spot in the Atlantic, they are kind of insignificant to the Rangers. Root against Carolina, Columbus, Islanders, and Panthers. Those are the teams the Rangers have to contend with for a playoff spot

The Toronto pick will not convey to Carolina if its in the top 10. I'd assume best case is 13-14

And in all honestly I'm basing this "Carolina gets to choose what pick we get" from Brooks, so I may very well be talking out of my ass.

Carolina gets to pick what pick we get in the draft their own or Toronto's.. If they both miss the playoffs its good for us.

But you want to bury the teams that are behind the Rangers (Florida which would be competing for that 3rd spot in the Atlantic) if you are committed to making the playoffs. You don't want it to have to come down to the last day of the season between Florida/Toronto/Rangers....Just try and create space between the teams behind you and let the chips fall where they are.

The Toronto pick will not convey to Carolina if its in the top 10. I'd assume best case is 13-14

And in all honestly I'm basing this "Carolina gets to choose what pick we get" from Brooks, so I may very well be talking out of my ass.

*Conditions: NY Rangers will receive the later (or lower) of either the Carolina or Toronto 2020 1st round picks

You want Toronto's pick to be in top 10 - it gets deferred to 2021. (condition of the Toronto-Canes trade)

If that happens, it wouldnt matter where the Canes pick falls, its ours.

Best case scenario is 1st overall pick.

Rangers are promised a 1st round pick in 2020. If Toronto's pick is a lottery pick then Toronto will have theirs back. Then the only pick Canes can give us is their own. If they then win the lottery (highly unlikely, but could happen), then that is ours. Carolina has no lottery protection on the pick they give us.

We COULD in a crazy world win the cup and draft 1st overall.

• Like 1

Rangers are promised a 1st round pick in 2020. If Toronto's pick is a lottery pick then Toronto will have theirs back. Then the only pick Canes can give us is their own. If they then win the lottery (highly unlikely, but could happen), then that is ours. Carolina has no lottery protection on the pick they give us.

I'm turning off the alarm on my clock, because I won't wanna wake up from that dream, Zuuc!!! :rofl:

yeah, but they aint getting lottery picks 2 years in a row after never having one

Stop. I can only get so erect.

Stop. I can only get so erect.

You know...there's a warning label on that bottle, Sharpy:

"If you have an erection lasting for longer than 4 hours, you are to call a physician immediately"

I don't know about you guys, but if I have a boner for more than 4 hours, I'm emptying my address book!! :rofl:

• Like 1