• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#62) Rangers @ New York Islanders // You Got Any Firsts? Skjei No More

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skjei had a turnover that led to Dallas' first goal in the first minute of the game. Sucks for him. Seems like a nice kid.

Carpinello had glowing things to say about what a good kid he is last night on Blueshirts Breakaway

Seriously hope he gets sorted out. He has a lot of ability.

Carpinello had glowing things to say about what a good kid he is last night on Blueshirts Breakaway

Seriously hope he gets sorted out. He has a lot of ability.

He is a good kid for sure. I liked him as a player for a while but the last couple years he just regressed rapidly. I have no anger toward him it’s just unfortunate. Obviously I want both Toronto and Carolina to miss in the playoffs to improve our draft pick

How many games have the Islanders tied with the goalie pulled this year and how many points have they ended up getting in those games? Very annoying

Assessing the winning goal, Kevin Weeks said that Bread is one of the best five players in the league.

Panarin is a fucking beast. I mean, forcing the turnover, then taking on their entire 3 man line and still getting the pass away for Zib. Fuck me.

Kudos to Lindgren as well. He seems to get better with every game at the moment. He's already far better than I thought he'd ever be.

FLA won so it looks like a 4 way race for 1 spot. Although the Isles are still catchable.

I don't think I've ever seen the Rangers score an OT goal like that, just a bomb slap shot from that far out. I was so pumped after this. Also, it's nice to have the Rangers back playing at Nassau. It just feels better than Barclays, plus I think they only won one game there. Georgiev's play against the Islanders maybe helps him stay. Anytime you have a goalie who can dominate a division rival, stuff like that should matter. Although, they've done well overall within their division this year anyway.

I don't think I've ever seen the Rangers score an OT goal like that, just a bomb slap shot from that far out. I was so pumped after this. Also, it's nice to have the Rangers back playing at Nassau. It just feels better than Barclays, plus I think they only won one game there. Georgiev's play against the Islanders maybe helps him stay. Anytime you have a goalie who can dominate a division rival, stuff like that should matter. Although, they've done well overall within their division this year anyway.

They need to get rid of those rinky-dink stantions that were fazed out of most NHL rinks in the late 90's. Christ, even the rinks my kid plays on doesn't have those anymore.

They need to get rid of those rinky-dink stantions that were fazed out of most NHL rinks in the late 90's. Christ, even the rinks my kid plays on doesn't have those anymore.

Yeah, I mean it's still basically a dump with a paint job, but it just feels more like an Islanders/Rangers game when it's there. That goal, though, should have never happened. lol

No shit, my wife and I were trying to recall a single rink in one of the 40 VILLAGES we play in that has them. Came up with nothing.

I've watched the OT goal about 50 times.

Zib caught that that on the absolute screws- if this were an ESPN baseball broadcast they'd have the exit velo up 2 seconds later, Aaron Judge esq..... But even more impressive is that pass by Panarin, bracketed by 3 guys, with one draped on him, with his hands tied up, makes a perfect pass right on the numbers.

Panarin might not get in the Hart finalist group, but I'm not sure there is a guy who actually fits the bill as Most Valuable Player as much as he has. There are guys with more goals or points, but this season he's put up I'd stack up next to anyone in the entire league and feel damn good about it.