• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should Hank Start While Shesterkin is Out?

Keirik

I’m just saying, Georgie and hanks stats are pretty damn close. I’m not saying to start Hank and let him give up 5 a game. I’m saying to turn to our veteran cup finals goalie one last time FIRST and let him the opportunity to grab the reigns right now when they need him most. While I don’t agree the team owes him his swan song next year, I do think they owe him this opportunity that’s presented itself now. He’s going to be bought out next year, traded, or retire. I’m sure of that. This right here could be the difference between him going out on his terms vs it being that bitter divorce we are headed towards. Even Georgiev would 100% understand this.

I really don't know Mt think Georgiev is going anywhere. Hank isn't going to be on this team next year imo

He might be a draft day deal, Keirik...."might" is the key word. I wouldn't bank on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled that off either. You know...kinda pair him up with Carolina's #1 and get a higher pick...something like that.

I'd hate to have another buyout on the books next season.

I really don't know Mt think Georgiev is going anywhere. Hank isn't going to be on this team next year imo

If Hank isnt going to be on the team next year then they will have to figure out a plan for him to waive his NTC or he will have to retire (which I doubt he would do). Cant have another buyout and have the Rangers have $13 million in dead cap space next season.