• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should Hank Start While Shesterkin is Out?

Keirik

I don?t see why not. Turn to the old vet one last time. Give him these 5 minutes of shine during a playoff run. He does deserve this now. It?ll answer two question, one for himself and one for the NHL. Does he still have anything left to the Rangers? Does he have anything left for the NHL? I think if he turns around and shits the bed we look at him possibly retiring. If he shines, he is still going to have the same offseason conversation with the team but at least the rest of the NHL sees what he can still give.

To me, it?s almost playing out perfectly and if they turn and buy him out this summer, having him play these 2-3 weeks really can bring some closure to his tenure here. Let this team rally behind this.

Thoughts?

I imagine they will play whoever is hot. Georgiev gets first licks, probably just based on having played most recently. I bet he also plays in Montreal on Thursday regardless of what happens tomorrow night. We know Lundqvist's history there in the regular season.

I bet we see Lundqvist @ Philly on Friday though.

Edit: Georgiev has sucked in Montreal too. Didn't realize that. Might just be a team wide thing in the regular season lol.

It would be a great story but Hank has been out for so long I don’t know how rusty he would look. We shall see

Possibly, but I have enough confidence in the competitive nature of the franchises best goalie to think he knows this is his last minute under the spotlight at MSG. Athletes have a funny way of grasping the moment, especially a special one like Hank.

It would be some story.

Huge Hank fan but the time has come to play whoever gives you the best chance to win. Best case scenario to me is if he agrees to exit one way or the other next season. Hoping to go with the two others for the foreseeable future in the coming years.

IF in the short term he proves to be better than Georgiev than have at it, but he shouldn't be gifted anything imo.

G plays Tuesday I believe, Hank will get one of the next two. Simply put, win and play well Hank. If you do, you get more opportunities. Complain all you want, you have been the third best goalie this year, hence why you haven?t been playing. 4 points out, and this is a business not a charity.

In truth I think this type of adversity is when Hank has always excelled, so I?m sure he is keen to prove his doubters wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

G plays Tuesday I believe, Hank will get one of the next two. Simply put, win and play well Hank. If you do, you get more opportunities. Complain all you want, you have been the third best goalie this year, hence why you haven’t been playing. 4 points out, and this is a business not a charity.

In truth I think this type of adversity is when Hank has always excelled, so I’m sure he is keen to prove his doubters wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The King hasn't " complained " at all. He is a realist, a true pro, and team first player.

Let Hank have the job. Georgiev is young and knows he has a place here. Let this be Hanks swan song for one last run at it. The fire in his belly could take us further than expected.

I hope so. I also really think this could be his last year in a Rangers uniform. A trade or buyout is totally possible. So, all of those factors you mentioned, plus he can showcase himself to other teams. We could be in for some vintage Henrik.