• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Brady Skjei to Carolina for 2020 1st Rd Pick

Phil

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe flip the pick for a NHL player in the summer (thats on a playoff team, currently)??

They either need to make a trade or move DeAngelo or Fox over. Might depend on numerous factors. How close is Lundkvist? Who is available via trade? Maybe most importantly, do they have first round player(s) in the draft they are incredibly high on and they want the picks.

A solid move. That 1st will probably be a solid forward prospect, which will help correct the imbalance between defense and forward prospects. Cap space for ADA-Strome-Fast is also a positive. Only downside is that without Sheshty and a call up in Skjei's place, defense looks quite shaky for a playoff run.

I think moving DeAngelo to the left has to be in play now, and Quinn could ride the top 4.

DeAngelo/Trouba

Lindgren/Fox

or

Lindgren/Trouba

DeAngelo/Fox

Third pair:

Staal/___

But you know it will probably be:

Lindgren/Trouba

Staal/DeAngelo

Smith/Fox

I wouldn?t split up Fox and Lindgren, they have been a good pairing together, and I definitely wouldn?t play ADA above Fox.

I'm good with keeping Lindgren and Fox together. Don't follow the other statement. Love Fox but Tony D has been better this year.

I'd probably go something like:

Lindgren-Fox

ADA-Trouba

Staal-callup

Gotta shelter that ADA-Trouba pair though. Either that, or make them play keep-away.

I'm good with keeping Lindgren and Fox together. Don't follow the other statement. Love Fox but Tony D has been better this year.

I'm calling bullshit on that one. Fox has been better than ADA and I don't think its debatable.

Don't get me wrong, Fox has made some mistakes, but Tony is still a defensive liability. Love the guy, but his value lies solely in his offensive puck moving ability.

Hope they both miss.

Go Cats?

Edit - If you want to maximize this pick, you're rooting for CBJ and FLA now. Not hard to root for either team, but, man.

Oh, obviously, once CBJ and FLA take CAR and TOR's playoff spots, respectively, we're rooting for the hilariously unlikely lottery scenario in which we win, CAR gets 2, and TOR gets 3.