• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Chris Kreider to 7-Year/$45.5 M Extension; $6.5M AAV

Phil

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perspective: Zucc got five years at six per at age 31. Kreider seven years at not 29 yet for 6.5 per. Who wouldn't take the latter?

"Sir, you have nut cancer."

"Left nut or right nut?"

"Left".

"Shit!"

"No, wait, we got it completely wrong!"

"Well that's a relief!"

"It's your right nut that's cancerous."

"Uh...OK...still shit."

the last year of a 5 year deal will be in 2024/2025. Thats a 33/34 y old Kreider. I'm willing to bet a lot of money he's no more then a 4th liner at that point. Or we have a really bad team.

Lol okay. I suppose dementia will be setting in around then so yeah.

Really happy with the moves today. Obviously I felt losing CK would have left a huge void unless we got a monster return for him. Would I have preferred 6 years? Yeah but he took less money annually. Plus we got cap relief and a first rounder for Skjei who has regressed since signing a long term deal

No more than 5 years x 7m. Would still hate the last year, but it would be fine with 1 year of 4th liner Kreider. 3 years is way too much.

4th liner at 33? We have insanely different opinions on how serviceable Kreider will be from ages 33-35. I can see why you would hate the deal given that. I don't see it being that drastic.

4th liner at 33? We have insanely different opinions on how serviceable Kreider will be from ages 33-35. I can see why you would hate the deal given that. I don't see it being that drastic

Yeah some people are losing it. I don’t believe in this thing that every player suddenly breaks down at 32-33 especially somebody as physical gifted as CK

Starting to come around in this, especially since we got a first and salary relief from Skjei deal.

Number is right in the sweet spot to avoid scrutiny during the slumps, which is fair.

Listening to league wide takes, no one thinks he'll finish this deal as a Ranger.

Starting to come around in this, especially since we got a first and salary relief from Skjei deal.

Number is right in the sweet spot to avoid scrutiny during the slumps, which is fair.

Listening to league wide takes, no one thinks he'll finish this deal as a Ranger.

Probably not. Most don't. But that's a problem for years six and seven.

I think the deal is reasonable although in a perfect world 6 years would have been great. I don?t buy all this ?he is gonna break down quick? stuff I just don?t see it. I?ve seen plenty of people be fine late into their 30s. I?m not a professional but I?m 36 going on 37 and I play basketball against college kids a few times a week and blend in fine. And CK is a physical freak who is is smart about keeping himself in great shape so I don?t see an issue