• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would You Consider a Successful Trade Deadline Day for Gorton and the Rangers?

Flynn

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, we had a chance to do the right thing for once and fucking blew it...AGAIN!

Haters! This is a win! I know you guys always complain about his inconsistency but I'd rather have what he provides than some real questionable unknowns that might have been coming back.

Haters! This is a win! I know you guys always complain about his inconsistency but I'd rather have what he provides than some real questionable unknowns that might have been coming back.

If Kreider throws this team on his back, and plays the rest of this season like he has been the last 8 weeks....takes the Rangers to the playoffs, and we make some noise in the playoffs by winning a couple of rounds, I'll say I was wrong.

But a 7 year deal, for a player like him, who has been as inconsistent as he's been, I think it's a total screw up. With as hot as he was, I think Gorton could've gotten anything he asked for, including a #1. Look at what other teams gave up....Kreider was better than any of those guys dealt so far in my opinion.

I still think this team is closer to a lottery pick than making the playoffs....and if it weren't for Zibby and Panarin, we'd most likely be one!

I know you're big on the whole "questionable assets" theory, Kev...but isn't Kreider's future somewhat questionable?? His past sure has been!

Kreider hasn’t been questionable. He’s always been a 20+ goal guy and 40-50 point guy his whole career and a bit of a unicorn with his size, speed, and leadership. Keeping him was a no brained especially if the possible returns weren’t what we would have wanted. 6.5m is not that bad and 4+ years from now if he is on the decline, his cap hit won’t be that bad considering the cap will have gone up by then ( it’s gone up at least 2m every year recently). The league also is up for a new tv deal I believe after next year which probably will help the cap jump up a bit more significantly.

Kreider hasn’t been questionable. He’s always been a 20+ goal guy and 40-50 point guy his whole career and a bit of a unicorn with his size, speed, and leadership. Keeping him was a no brained especially if the possible returns weren’t what we would have wanted. 6.5m is not that bad and 4+ years from now if he is on the decline, his cap hit won’t be that bad considering the cap will have gone up by then ( it’s gone up at least 2m every year recently). The league also is up for a new tv deal I believe after next year which probably will help the cap jump up a bit more significantly.

Well Keirik....I'm riding with you now my man. The deal's done and I'll live with it. I don't like it, and you know why, but like I said, If they sign him, I'll root for him.

So here we go, dude!!!

• Like 1

If Kreider throws this team on his back, and plays the rest of this season like he has been the last 8 weeks....takes the Rangers to the playoffs, and we make some noise in the playoffs by winning a couple of rounds, I'll say I was wrong.

But a 7 year deal, for a player like him, who has been as inconsistent as he's been, I think it's a total screw up. With as hot as he was, I think Gorton could've gotten anything he asked for, including a #1. Look at what other teams gave up....Kreider was better than any of those guys dealt so far in my opinion.

I still think this team is closer to a lottery pick than making the playoffs....and if it weren't for Zibby and Panarin, we'd most likely be one!

I know you're big on the whole "questionable assets" theory, Kev...but isn't Kreider's future somewhat questionable?? His past sure has been!

So you are admitting that Kreider is good,

I want at least one valuable asset brought into the organization.

All UFAs need to be signed or dealt today.

I hope they dont get hosed on any trades

I want at least one valuable asset brought into the organization.NOPE

All UFAs need to be signed or dealt today. NOPE

I hope they dont get hosed on any trades N/A

Complete fail, IMO, Not buying, not selling, just standing there with our hands down our pants.

I want at least one valuable asset brought into the organization.NOPE

All UFAs need to be signed or dealt today. NOPE

I hope they dont get hosed on any trades N/A

Complete fail, IMO, Not buying, not selling, just standing there with our hands down our pants.

ehm, did you hope they would be buyers? Because I dont see how else they would get a "valuable asset" in.

What UFA is not signed or traded? Jesper Fast is the only one. Its still time left of the day, but honestly, who really gives a shit? Fast probably signs a deal in the off-season or he's gone. Not really a big deal to lose Fast for nothing.

A 1st for Skjei and his cap hit is fine. Didnt get hosed on any trades.

With that said. The Kreider contract and the car crash fucked up the day.

ehm, did you hope they would be buyers? Because I dont see how else they would get a "valuable asset" in.

What UFA is not signed or traded? Jesper Fast is the only one. Its still time left of the day, but honestly, who really gives a shit? Fast probably signs a deal in the off-season or he's gone. Not really a big deal to lose Fast for nothing.

Fire Gorton, he didn't get them a limo. players should not be driving themselves anywhere

I'm actually happy with this deadline

They are sending a message that they like their team. Obviously the news from this a.m. is tough to swallow and hurts us this year, but theyre expressing a lot of confidence in the group. Kreider also must believe that this team can be a cup contender in the first half of his contract.

with that statement, they are still able to get a first round pick which, if im a betting man, won't end up being the 31st pick.

Not sure if we have carolina's or Toronto's first rounder but either way, those teams are definitely not teams that will for sure make it past the first round, so it could be a midround pick

Skjei isn't so critical that it will necessarily hurt our current play to lose him

I'll tentatively say a success.

I see Kreider as a more important piece than Skjei over the next 4 years, so I'll take that trade off, though I thought Skjei was pretty good lately.

They put another 1st in their pocket, too.

Gauthier I'll include as well, I thought that was a good piece of business.

Maybe not a resounding success, but I'm OK with today.

I like that they kept Kreider

I like the number they kept him at

I don’t like that they’re paying him for 7 years. That’s probably a mistake but hopefully cap increases and new CBA softens the blow or gives them an out if they need it.

Love that they were able to shed Skjei. It wasn’t working here. Lefty or righty aside, there’s a ton of D coming through the system. The cap space helps.

The extra 1st is big.

Overall, I’ll try to stay positive on this. Next 3ish seasons of Kreider should be good. Getting rid of Skjei is good. Extra 1 is good.

For the next 3-4 years, anyway, we're definitely better off with CK than a B+ prospect . It was going to happen sooner or later with Skjei, so sooner is fine. (I supported the contract. Glad we passed it off.) Hopefully Gorton can work some magic with the 2 1st rounders and other assets to generate either a top 10 pick or near term help. Definitely not a disaster, though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm fine with how the day played out not counting the accident. Glass half full too based on Hank's comments he appears to see the writing on the wall and maybe open to being moved, bought out or the best case scenario walking away. We've created some cap space for now and kept Kreider.

I like that they kept Kreider

I like the number they kept him at

I don?t like that they?re paying him for 7 years. That?s probably a mistake but hopefully cap increases and new CBA softens the blow or gives them an out if they need it.

Love that they were able to shed Skjei. It wasn?t working here. Lefty or righty aside, there?s a ton of D coming through the system. The cap space helps.

The extra 1st is big.

Overall, I?ll try to stay positive on this. Next 3ish seasons of Kreider should be good. Getting rid of Skjei is good. Extra 1 is good.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Loved today. Anyone else hoping Lundquist has a fire for one last cup run on broadway. The story would be amazing. Definitely building a great culture. Need some lucky bounces and lightning in a bottle. Here is to hoping he goes out on the absolute top! We all knew he couldnt play 82 at his compete level anymore. The man has 20ish regular season starts and however deep he can carry them into the playoffs. We have done more with less (Torts era)

again it was another deadline with no direction.