• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Life After Kreider

The Dude

Ok, so the hope of a home town discount didn't happen. I don't foresee the Rangers getting a legit top six forward back in return.

It will likely be something between what they got for Nash and what they got for Hayes.

If Kreider is going, I'm guessing Fast has to go too.

So. The lineup to finish out the season:

Lemieux? -Zib- Buch

Panarin- Strome?- ?????

Uncle Giuseppe- Chytil- Kakko

Lettieri- Howden- Gauthier

Is this how they finish the season? Kakko could be upped to the Panarin line. But is Strome even staying? Can Lemieux handle the Kreider role? Gauthier? Is Di Giuseppe really hanging for that third line spot? Smith or Lettieri on the 4th?

How about next year? This is going to be a massive 3 steps back.

Hopefully STL steps up and gives the Rangers their NHL ready wingers for Kreider.

It's got potential to be awful without Kreider. But they can't pay him. They really can't.

If it plays out that both Fast and Kreider go tomorrow, it will be disappointing for sure, but I think we'll get to see Kravtsov. He's getting hot at the right time to get a look see up here.

Hesitant to call it "hot", but he's certainly been a bit more productive the last couple of weeks. I haven't seen any of the games so don't know how he truly looks. I'd be skeptical that throwing him into the fire right now is the right call though. If we were out of it and wanted to get a look I think I'd be more on board with it.

If they trade Fast I think they give Gauthier a look on that line with Panarin and Strome. Ironically, it may be a better fit than Fast who played about as well as he could possibly play on that line given his skill set.

I'd rather see Kakko there and potentially give Gauthier Kreiders spot, just because of the size and speed comparison.

But has either earned it? I definitely don't think Kravstov has earned a call up yet. Especially after the stunt he pulled.

I think we have to wait untill tuesday before we start projecting any starting lineups. We have no idea who's gone and who may come back in a trade. Last year Lemieux was a nice add amongst all the picks and prospects on the deadline day and I would assume atleast one roster player will come back if we end up trading Kreider and Fast.

I'd rather see Kakko there and potentially give Gauthier Kreiders spot, just because of the size and speed comparison.

But has either earned it? I definitely don't think Kravstov has earned a call up yet. Especially after the stunt he pulled.

That's true. I'm good with that. Wonder how Gauthier would do on his off wing. Plus, Gauthier makes it 3 righties if he's put with Panarin/Strome, so a lefty probably makes more sense there anyway.

If you put Kakko there you break up PDG/Chytil/Kakko, which has been a really good 3rd line. Not sure who else to put with Panarin/Strome though unless they get someone back in a deal. Lemieux?

I don't think any of them have earned it but that could very well be the fallout in the near term depending on what if anything they bring back players wise.

Panarin, Zibanejad are top 6.

Strome and Buchnevich are complementary top 6 players.

Kakko and Kravtsov need to be top 6 players.

Chytil exists.

Who knows about Andersson.

You're thinking next season here I assume. How about this here playoff run they are currently in? Just give up?

You're thinking next season here I assume. How about this here playoff run they are currently in? Just give up?
Depends is they get anybody back that can step in right away. But most signs would seem to be pointing to falling backwards if you take away solid current players. Short term pain for hopefully a better future. Time will tell.

both.

As Phil said, you'll get a player in a trade.

If they are selling, yes, they are tanking.

I also think they target change of scenery players that get top 6 chances.

One year (or more) extension at current pay or tiny raise is all I can see as a way to get it done, then do this again next year. Noway Kreider goes for that. Right?

This is what I was wondering a week or two ago. Settle on a 1 year deal with Kreider purchasing an insurance plan to safeguard against injury and future career earnings, with a good faith agreement to sign a 5 or 6 year extension Jan 1 when they could more easily fit it under the cap.

They better break out a whole lot of smoke and mirrors with that projected lineup. Cause it's an eye sore the way it potentially sits.

If Kreider goes, I think you can consider the season over.

They won't be able to replace his production. If he goes, I think you see Kakko and Kravstov get some looks in better positions. But that's not a recipe for success at the moment. The Playoff push will effectively be over.

If Kreider goes, I think you can consider the season over.

They won't be able to replace his production. If he goes, I think you see Kakko and Kravstov get some looks in better positions. But that's not a recipe for success at the moment. The Playoff push will effectively be over.

Yeah I'm in the camp that neither of those guys have earned anything more than where they sit currently. This little run was fun but sure looks like a few steps backwards here in the near term. Hopefully the young guys take big steps forward next season. Low first round picks and button 6 players aren't a quick receipy for taking the next step any time soon.

Title should read life after we make a big mistake. Can fit in so many ways lol

I mean, it?s tough right now. But if Brooks is correct and Kreider wouldn?t budge from 7x7, then I don?t think you can call it a mistake. Time will tell I suppose, but I think that?s a contract we?re going to be ok with not having on our books.

This is my personal must keep list since it's shorter then the could go list

1.Panarin

2. Zibanejad

3. Kreider - sign him

4. Chytil

5. Kakko

6. Lemieux

7. Goatyeah

8. Fox

9. Lindgren.

10. Shesterkin

11. Georgiev and that's it. Those are THE core players. The rest could be traded and I'd be fine with it.

Honorable mention- Quickie , if he's playing on third line where he belongs.:happy: