• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#61) Rangers vs. San Jose Sharks // Make or Break

Drew a Penalty

Player of the Game  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game

• Artemi Panarin
    • Mika Zibanejad
    • Jesper Fast
    • Igor Shestyorkin
    • Ryan Strome

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally gotta sting. It’ll improve for him when he agrees to be traded :)

I hope so. That would benefit both the team and himself. I want him to go out swinging. Not onna bench. He's not getting that opportunity here. Agree to a trade man. Colorado is your best bet. It's the ONLY place he can go and play every game without question.

I hope so. That would benefit both the team and himself. I want him to go out swinging. Not onna bench. He's not getting that opportunity here. Agree to a trade man. Colorado is your best bet. It's the ONLY place he can go and play every game without question.

Yeah, I know we have disagreed in the past in terms of Henrik but I think it’s getting clearer and clearer. Hank has some in the tank. He’s got something stil to give but barring injury it just won’t be here and I’d rather there be an amicable resolution that helps out both sides. In an ideal world? Rangers go on some crazy run, get very deep in the playoffs and Henrik gets one last spotlight with a minor injury to Shesh and Hank shines, Rangers win a cup and he retires.

If that happens beers on me lol

• Like 1

Totally gotta sting. It’ll improve for him when he agrees to be traded :)

I was just thinking that. As he sits on the bench and hears the "Igor! Igor! Igor" chants, he's gotta be reminiscing back to when he was the stud 24 year old goalie and the Garden couldn't stop chanting his name.

Hah! It was a breakout game after all. I see the usual quacks are still acting like know-it-alls. Calling out this team for months and now joyously jumping up and down with glee. All of a sudden, the bandwagon is bulging, as the trade-a-holics climb aboard. The negatronists are right behind. What a gutsy ending to a horrid beginning, altho' it surely was not pretty; stupid, lazy penalties once again. In spite of being outshot and out hustled for 1/2 of the game, Igor shines, Fast defines. Yeah, #17, another guy that many say is not worth keeping. One more rung on the play-off ladder, as the B.I.B. prove to the NAYSAYERS that they are on the verge... Keeping it rolling vs. the Isles will help solidify the push to post-season participation. Unbelievable stretch for this team as they keep on proving the many doubters wrong. To all of them I say; H.F! & T.G.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRE7CyW_XnYQ0Sl2grDEa5K9ja_bnd92LphCZT7Kg_n9P_4nM_F

They have a clear starter.

Trade the backup that nets the biggest return. Who gives a fuck who’s wearing a baseball cap on the bench.

I mean, I do. And you should. Georgiev came in and got them two wins when Shesterkin was out. It's clear who the starter is. But it's also clear who the two best goalies are. Keep your best players.

I mean, I do. And you should. Georgiev came in and got them two wins when Shesterkin was out. It's clear who the starter is. But it's also clear who the two best goalies are. Keep your best players.

what's the average tenure for a backup staying with a team?

I imagine its short, and for a reason.

It used to be that the backup takes like....15 games. Now they're taking more like 30, and half the NHL is doing it. It's a thing.

More like 20. A small up tick. Half the teams have goalies that have started 40+ games. The rest of the league is either injuries, crappy goalie situations, changing of the guard, or a tandem.

I'm don't see the dramatic change that people are talking about. 60/20 is different than the old days of a goalie starting 75 games. But it's been that way for I'd say a good 5+ years now.