• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnston: COL Calling on Henrik Lundqvist?

Phil

It's pretty much the only fit out there. They could use a good goalie.

So realistically, (my trade would be) the Rangers pay 50% of his deal add Fast and get back Nichushkin, and a 2nd rounder which is conditionally a 1st if they win the cup, and another 1st if they win next year (conditional on Lundqvists games played). Why does anyone want Jost? Crap, see if they want Staal or Smith. I'd take Zadorov in return to get rid of one of them.

People should not be excited to deal Lundqvist. It's disrespectful. He carried this sorry ass organization for over a decade. It would be one of the saddest days in Rangers history if he's dealt. That being said, I understand the positives and reasons for the move. It's business. I only wish Sather could have added that big offensive player to get him at least one cup. Hank's team never scored for crap in the playoffs for him. Sather went all in on Nash and failed miserably. It wasn't the right guy.

Rumors out there about Skjei for Trochek. One, that would take away all leverage for Stome in the off-season. Two, he would probably do better offensively than Strome with Panarin. Three, he's a plus faceoff guy. Four, he's on a good contract that last a while longer. Five, dumping Skjei frees up a spot for another young defenseman ready to make the jump. Downside, Strome is a lot better defensively than Trochek and this team already gives up too many shots on goal.

Rumors out there about Skjei for Trochek. One, that would take away all leverage for Stome in the off-season. Two, he would probably do better offensively than Strome with Panarin. Three, he's a plus faceoff guy. Four, he's on a good contract that last a while longer. Five, dumping Skjei frees up a spot for another young defenseman ready to make the jump. Downside, Strome is a lot better defensively than Trochek and this team already gives up too many shots on goal.

According to who? ?Rumors out there,? isn?t how we reference things. Please credit the source, especially with a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk