• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnston: COL Calling on Henrik Lundqvist?

Phil

Well played. I actually meant to ask Why does everyone want Jost? His name continually comes up.

Personally, the guys I've wanted to target the last few seasons have all been these types of change of scenery guys that had a ton of potential and need a new home. They are also easier to acquire than Newhook or a first round pick. Plus these guys are NHL ready now. The Rangers have also had success with such players, including Brassard, Zibanejad, Strome. And if it doesnt work out, their easier to ditch (emotionally) (Spooner, Namestnikov) than core players or hyped prospects.

Rumors out there about Skjei for Trochek. One, that would take away all leverage for Stome in the off-season. Two, he would probably do better offensively than Strome with Panarin. Three, he's a plus faceoff guy. Four, he's on a good contract that last a while longer. Five, dumping Skjei frees up a spot for another young defenseman ready to make the jump. Downside, Strome is a lot better defensively than Trochek and this team already gives up too many shots on goal.

Six, you would have to change your username.

People should not be excited to deal Lundqvist. It's disrespectful. He carried this sorry ass organization for over a decade. It would be one of the saddest days in Rangers history if he's dealt. That being said, I understand the positives and reasons for the move. It's business. I only wish Sather could have added that big offensive player to get him at least one cup. Hank's team never scored for crap in the playoffs for him. Sather went all in on Nash and failed miserably. It wasn't the right guy.

understand where you're coming from but its a business at the end of the day. If 99 can be dealt, anyone can. if the smoke is true it would be a good move for him. he gets one more crack at the cup and at the end of next year he's probably back in the Rangers org in some management level.

put a bronze statue of him on 7th ave, hang his number in the rafters and call it a day.

disagree on sather though. he tried hard to bring in the shooters, i.e. marty, nash, staal, etc but just wasn't enough. a break or two against the kings and we probably win that series.

• Like 1

I would trade Skjei for Trochek in a heartbeat.

Move Strome to 3rd line center.

Trade Kreider and let Chytil play wing in Kreider's spot.

....and on top of all that...I'd like to wish this man a very Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday RJ!!! :cheers:

People should not be excited to deal Lundqvist. It's disrespectful. He carried this sorry ass organization for over a decade. It would be one of the saddest days in Rangers history if he's dealt. That being said, I understand the positives and reasons for the move. It's business. I only wish Sather could have added that big offensive player to get him at least one cup. Hank's team never scored for crap in the playoffs for him. Sather went all in on Nash and failed miserably. It wasn't the right guy.

Ok so please enlighten us on what he should?ve done, if he didn?t go ?all in? on Nash? Add Gaborik, oh wait! No no no, maybe Richards? Shit, why not St Louis?

People should make it a national holiday if he agrees to be traded and give a key to the city to the gm if they take his whole contract. Him leaving now does nothing except help his reputation by putting the organization’s future before his own comfort and show the league one last time what he can do in the playoffs.

I would trade Skjei for Trochek in a heartbeat.

Move Strome to 3rd line center.

Trade Kreider and let Chytil play wing in Kreider's spot.

If we acquired Trochek, I?d expect Strome to be gone. He?s going to get paid, and we don?t need that salary on the 3rd line not playing with Panarin

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Georgiev will have callers over the summer. Ottawa, Detroit

Not if they resign Kreider, Strome, DeAngelo and Lemieux. I'd think Georgiev gets a raise, and I don't think they could afford it. Probably NEEDS to be traded unless Lundqvists situation gets handled. Which it sounds like it will come down to a buyout. If he's not traded with salary retention by Monday..

Even still. Not sure Georgievs little bump in salary, definitely fits with everyone getting their raises.

Edited:, sorry, the point was, the Rangers won't get value over the summer, because teams will know they kinda have to get rid of him. At least right now injuries to goalies and some shitty play by others is ramping up Georgievs value. It should be as high as it was a month ago, before he had a pretty bad stretch. He DID have a decent last 2 starts and held the team in games. Especially that OT win.