• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire F Julien Gauthier for D Joey Keane

Phil

A young Kreider is a really good comparison. Some great tools, but lacks the brain. He will look completely lost at times.

This will all come down to how Quinn uses him, and if he's able to make mistakes and continue to get ice time.

Maybe his mistakes will be labelled good intentions, like Howden's

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that concerns me is his lack of playing in the NHL. Hoping he can play here, but I don’t understand if he is regarded as highly as he is, why he wasnt given a shot at playing some in the NHL.

I’m a little puzzled and concerned about that too, especially given Carolina’s need for scoring beyond their top line.

Obviously that group has been outstanding, and Necas has had a nice year as a rookie. But the group of forwards behind them, namely Staal, Dzingel, Niedereiter, Haula, Foegele, and Williams have not been great. The first 3 names in that group have been downright disappointing.

You just would figure that with this kid scoring prolifically in the A that they’d want to bring him up and see if he can contribute some, or at least put the squeeze on those underperforming vets.

That concerns me. His D concerns me. If he’s not a top-6, can he play enough D to be on a third line? Even in a faster more scoring-centric league, you still need that 3rd line to be defensively competent and physical. They still will draw checking assignments.

But I still like the trade and I’m excited to see him play .

Says up in the Pronman quote that there's an impending issue.

Did he sign early. Drafted in 16... 3 years ago. 2 full AHL seasons under his belt.

He signed at 19 which means he'd be waiver eligible either four years after signing the contract or after 160 NHL games played. His contract slid during 2016-17 when he still played junior but for waivers that counts as a year under contract. This year counts as the fourth of four years. He's automatically eligible for waivers starting next season no matter what.

• Like 1

Says up in the Pronman quote that there's an impending issue.

Did he sign early. Drafted in 16... 3 years ago. 2 full AHL seasons under his belt.

I didn’t notice it earlier. I looked it up, saw the years after signing on capfriendly.

Thanks.

Pissmiller and Kotexleak say GFY.

Fuck em

I honestly don't remember a single player to wear #12

Here's a list. There's a reason you don't remember many of them.

Don Maloney 1979-1989

Kris King 1990-1991

Tim Kerr 1992

Ed Olczyk 1993-1994

Ken Gernander 1996-2004

Mike Keane 1998

Bob Errey 1998

Rich Brennan 1999

Alexandre Daigle 2000

Dixon Ward 2003

Patrick Rissmiller 2009

Ales Kotalik 2010

Olli Jokinen 2010

Todd White 2011

Jesper Fast 2014

Lee Stempniak 2015

Daniel Paille 2016

Eric Staal 2016

Matt Puempel 2017

Peter Holland 2018

Fuck em

Here's a list. There's a reason you don't remember many of them.

Don Maloney 1979-1989

Kris King 1990-1991

Tim Kerr 1992

Ed Olczyk 1993-1994

Ken Gernander 1996-2004

Mike Keane 1998

Bob Errey 1998

Rich Brennan 1999

Alexandre Daigle 2000

Dixon Ward 2003

Patrick Rissmiller 2009

Ales Kotalik 2010

Olli Jokinen 2010

Todd White 2011

Jesper Fast 2014

Lee Stempniak 2015

Daniel Paille 2016

Eric Staal 2016

Matt Puempel 2017

Peter Holland 2018

I’m still waiting for that Alexandre Daigle rookie card to skyrocket in value!

Times gonna tell on that one.

I’m still waiting for that Alexandre Daigle rookie card to skyrocket in value!

Times gonna tell on that one.

Well....Matt Peumpel did get a hat trick in his short time here, so there's that. It's too bad Staal didn't work out here. They kind of got him on a down year and it carried over here. I'm sure they were hoping playing with his brother would get him in a better mental state, help get his game back. It did not happen. That trade was basically a wash for both teams.