• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#58) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Bruising the Bruins

Drew a Penalty

I think Marchand's point is that Lindgren is essentialy the Ortmeyer version of a defenseman, and he should enjoy his short lived time. I'd say he's probably correct.

?? Really? Why's that? Kid has been labeled a gamer since he was drafted. He's playing extremely well and hard nosed.

Why are people downplaying this kid? Have been for 2 years. He's got NHL skating, NHL grit, and isn't too shabby with his decision making with the puck. How's he NOT going to have a long career? I see a leader and a character player who can play on any pairing.

Ortmeyer started his NHL career at age 25 or 26, had 2 ACL surgeries, and blood clot issues, before becoming a minor leaguer. Not much of a match example wise.

• Like 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's odd that Marchand is the one with the dirty hit and now he's chirping a rookie for some reason.

Happy to see Buch absolutely bury him.

A 31 year old veteran in the league gives 22 y old Lindgren a nasty cross-check without Lindgren doing anything to him, and then he?s the one going crying to the media?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Lindgren is very talented and will be in the league 10 to 15 years. Essentially, he's Dan Girardi all over again. The fact that weasel was talking crap is a compliment. It means Lindgren is on his radar. If he was the clown he made Lindgren out to be he wouldn't waste his time. Sour grapes by the hook nose, rat. His team got taken to the woodshed by Gorton in the Nash deal.

?? Really? Why's that? Kid has been labeled a gamer since he was drafted. He's playing extremely well and hard nosed.

Why are people downplaying this kid? Have been for 2 years. He's got NHL skating, NHL grit, and isn't too shabby with his decision making with the puck. How's he NOT going to have a long career? I see a leader and a character player who can play on any pairing.

Ortmeyer started his NHL career at age 25 or 26, had 2 ACL surgeries, and blood clot issues, before becoming a minor leaguer. Not much of a match example wise.

Feel the same way,Lindgren is definitely a hard nosed player but has improved a lot more than people give him credit for.

Ona side note, when was the last time a Rangers d-man is actually mean enough to cross check someone out of the crease.Kid has some balls. Lost track of how many times over the years opposing players just stood in front and crashed into our goalies without any push back.

Feel the same way,Lindgren is definitely a hard nosed player but has improved a lot more than people give him credit for.

Ona side note, when was the last time a Rangers d-man is actually mean enough to cross check someone out of the crease.Kid has some balls. Lost track of how many times over the years opposing players just stood in front and crashed into our goalies without any push back.

I'm surprised Ozzy isn't a gigantic fan of this kid. Exactly the type of game he has been clamoring for. Defensive first guy who WILL clear the crease and engage in after whistle scrums to defend the goalie from hacks bumps.

I'm surprised Ozzy isn't a gigantic fan of this kid. Exactly the type of game he has been clamoring for. Defensive first guy who WILL clear the crease and engage in after whistle scrums to defend the goalie from hacks bumps.

I adore Lindgren, Dude-man!!! I love his game, and he's working well with Fox in my eyes. In some prior posts I've compared him to Konstantinov....maybe a reach, but he reminds me of him a lot!

Guy has balls of steel and plays the position "old school"!!! I'm really enjoying watching him progress this season!

Buch had always given me that same space cadet vibe that Anisimov did.. But this year there seems to be much more awareness in his game, and he's not afraid to put the wood to someone.. This shot on the RatFucker was just pure gold, that had to get all sorts of props in the room.

I've watched that replay about 100 times now.

I'm on team keep buch now, lol.

He's a little bit of a project, but I've really never been on the "dump him" parade. He played like a pansy for a little and that crying bullshit I didn't like....but this???

Fuck yeah baby!! I love it!!! MORE PLEASE...and do it around the net, in the face of opposing goalies.

He's 6' 3" and weighs 193lbs...if he could put on 10-15 lbs of muscle in the off season, we may just have one hell of a power forward at 25 years old next season.