• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#58) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Bruising the Bruins

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What went wrong tonight

1. Georgie gave up 2 soft goals (deflection goal, he played it very poorly)

2. PP couldn't take advantage (1/5 on PP)

3. Missed chances on Offense

That's what separates teams like us from the Bruins. They can finish, we can't. That's why we lost.

What went wrong tonight

1. Georgie gave up 2 soft goals (deflection goal, he played it very poorly)

2. PP couldn't take advantage (1/5 on PP)

3. Missed chances on Offense

That's what separates teams like us from the Bruins. They can finish, we can't. That's why we lost.

What went right? Generally strong on the puck in their own zone. Kept it close enough to turn the tide in the 3rd. Largely played tough and physical. Special props to Buchnevich for the crosscheck that sent Marchand's helmet spinning into the air.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They hung in there and put up a fight. Not like they got dominated. I don't think they are that far apart from a team like this. Goaltending gaffes cost them the game. I feel like the Rangers carried the play for the 2nd and 3rd period.

Just proves that against top teams, you can’t make mistakes that lead to goals.

They didn't even show up for 50 minutes. Massive letdown that probably was always going to happen considering the emotional previous two games, coming home, and playing a much better hockey club. Boston understands how to play hockey to get points and this Ranger club still largely doesn't.

We're essentially a poor man's version of the Panthers or Leafs, both of whom also aren't very good. Lots of fun when everything is clicking, though!

I see it as a good loss. Went toe to toe with the best team in the league. Played hard. Played with some bite. I think there’s more to draw from on a loss like that than a win against a bad team.

Toe to toe? What? They had one scoring chance through 50 minutes.

He's earned the right to talk. He's better than. Everyone on our team but Panarin.

Ofcourse. Just feels silly. He was the one with a nasty cross-check on Lindgren and then coming with comments like that towards a young guy. He probably haven't watched Lindgren this season so he's just talking bs because he's salty.

And the worst part is he's always running from fights. Talks so much shit, but is the biggest pussy ever on the ice.

It's not like Boston was generating all of these scoring chances. Their first goal was flukey and the second was a horrific turnover by Trouba.

I think toe to toe is quite accurate.

The first goal was not well played by Georgie and the everything went wrong on the second goal: Trouba with a terrible giveaway in the offensive zone and Georgie played too deep in his net allowing Coyle for the easy high glove-side shot.