• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#58) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Bruising the Bruins

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were winning on the road. They don't take chances in that situation. That's why they're in 1st, that's why they've beaten the Rangers three times this year.

There's no way Halak was even sweating.

Yea... This effort was Boston securing 2 pts vs guys playing for their playoff lives and trying not to get traded.

They were winning on the road. They don't take chances in that situation. That's why they're in 1st, that's why they've beaten the Rangers three times this year.

We couldn't do a damn thing on offense, including special teams. Looked liked we were flater than a map. Maybe we can use that to find some semblence of an offense before next game vs CHI

I think Marchand's point is that Lindgren is essentialy the Ortmeyer version of a defenseman, and he should enjoy his short lived time. I'd say he's probably correct.
Yea... But... There are probably 600 NHLers who thought that about the rookie Marchand.

He's earned the right to talk shit but it shows how butt hurt he was.

I wish I shared this view. To me they aren't remotely close to being one of the best teams in the league like the bruins.
They hung in there and put up a fight. Not like they got dominated. I don't think they are that far apart from a team like this. Goaltending gaffes cost them the game. I feel like the Rangers carried the play for the 2nd and 3rd period.

I wish I shared this view. To me they aren't remotely close to being one of the best teams in the league like the bruins.

No they aren’t

But the actual gap between top teams and middle of the road teams isn’t ever actually that big. And the pieces are mostly in the organization to get there. It just takes time. Boston is great now, but their run is closer to its end than its beginning.

Let’s see where we are in 2 years

Couldn't stand listening to that game. Can we please not have Milbury on boston/Rangers games.

That was a 3:30 pm game after a hard road trip. The Rangers passes were all over the place and didn't look sharp at all. The first 2 periods were ugly...yet, how many chances did the Rangers give up? Sure they didn't get many chances and the PP looked like the worse it's been in a month, but that was all on the Rangers. Their passes were not crisp and they were a step slow...

Yet they were in that game with the best team in hockey. It was a tight game, and i think boston's best chance was the break away that was the game winning goal. The goal from McAvoy's off Trouba was a flook.

But you listen to those crappy announcers (other than Mike Tirico) and the score was 8-0 after 2 periods. Mike Milbury and his great comments make me taste puke in my mouth every time. The B's made almost no mistakes. They played well. But "keeping everything to the outside"?

Yeah, great observation. Both teams did that for 2 periods. A bruins defensmen will spin and avoid a forechecker and they make it sound like they invented hockey right on the spot.

And the Rangers were the better team in the third. Can't stand that crap. That game was not the Rangers best effort, but the chances were even in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree with this. It had the feeling of a game where the Bruins did what they needed to win and nothing more. It always felt as if the Bruins had a couple of extra gears in them if needed.

And that's not really surprising. The Bruins are at another level than not only the Rangers, but most teams in the league.

I think Marchand's point is that Lindgren is essentialy the Ortmeyer version of a defenseman, and he should enjoy his short lived time. I'd say he's probably correct.

WTH are you saying? Unbelievable statement from someone who says they are a NYR fan. Do you actually pay attention to the games? Lindgren is one tough cookie. Not a fighter necessarily, but plays a physical game that is sorely lacking from some of the big guys on this team. Not too mistake prone either, imo. Not one other guy, except Buchnevich stood up to Marchand. Ask yourself where was everyone else? That aspect of the NYR is disappointing to say the least.

2 bad plays by 2 good players = 2 goals for Boston. 2 much stick, sweep and poke checking... not nearly enough body checking. Almost NINE minutes of PP time, one for 4 minutes = ONE goal. Far too much passing - not enough shooting. A game that the NYR could have easily won, maybe even a shutout had they taken advantage of the opportunities they had. I'm disappointed but at the same time happy to see them give a good effort against the top team in the NHL. Once again a back-up goalie stands tall. Another biggie ahead vs. the Hawks. Bye, bye and adios amigos. T.G.

On October 1, few thought Lindgren would be out of Hartford by now, much less playing first pair minutes and pk. I give him credit for beating expectations so far on what appears to be sheer will.

Statement from a bonehead calling a rookie out. He forgets what a disgrace he was for several years. Now that he is an effective player, he blows off steam. Needs a good smacking around.