• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stranger Things: Season 4

• Phil changed the title to Stranger Things: Season 4
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

This show also needs to wrap.

Where's it going? (I say this not having watched the trailer yet)

Story-wise, I think they're approaching endgame, but the big kicker with shows like this is once the kids get too old, the allure of the show fades. A big part of the draw in the first place is that the rag tag group of kids in a dead-end town are the ones solving the "crimes."

The kids ain't kids anymore.

stranger-things-cast.jpg

I believe it's been confirmed that Season 5 will be a certainty. Initially, I think there was an option for the Duffers to pursue a 6th season, but with the pandemic delays and the 'kids' being close to adulthood, I can't see them being able to push it into a 6th season anymore. Their production duration for a measly 8/9 episode season is just too long and the show really isn't going to have the same feel anymore with the characters being so much older.

36 minutes ago, Karan said:

I believe it's been confirmed that Season 5 will be a certainty. Initially, I think there was an option for the Duffers to pursue a 6th season, but with the pandemic delays and the 'kids' being close to adulthood, I can't see them being able to push it into a 6th season anymore. Their production duration for a measly 8/9 episode season is just too long and the show really isn't going to have the same feel anymore with the characters being so much older.

Unless they go all "It" and continue the story into adulthood. Which might kill the vibe a bit.