Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #Reclinegate — Who's Side Are You On?

//reported BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I'm not defending his reaction. He's an asshole. She's not in the wrong for reclining. He's not in the wrong for being upset about it. He's absolutely in the wrong for repeatedly punching her chair.

I'm stating that the problem doesn't exist if you create seats that don't create space problems for anyone over 5'6.

And yeah, it'd require retrofitting planes - just like airlines do every time they find a way to squeeze yet another five seats on the same size plane.
    I'm not even sure I agree with the bold. This is the first time I've ever heard of reclinegate. Never even thought to complain about it.
    Chair reclines. End of story.
    #imthebadguy

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I'm not defending his reaction. He's an asshole. She's not in the wrong for reclining. He's not in the wrong for being upset about it. He's absolutely in the wrong for repeatedly punching her chair.

I'm stating that the problem doesn't exist if you create seats that don't create space problems for anyone over 5'6.

And yeah, it'd require retrofitting planes - just like airlines do every time they find a way to squeeze yet another five seats on the same size plane.
    He is, though.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'll backtrack a little, because in fairness to this guy we don't know if he had already politely asked the lady if she wouldn't mind sitting up a bit. Maybe she got nasty with him about it and it escalated to what it was from there. Who knows. Not enough info.

Agree with G that if some of these airliners didn't cram you in like sardines we wouldn't even be talking about 2-3 inches of recline being any kind of deal at all.

Banned Junior Division
    More room to recline, less seats on the plane. Less seats—more expensive the tix are

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12