• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Should Claim Hutchinson from TOR

Drew a Penalty

Link:

--

There's nothing linking NYR to Hutch so I'm just spitballing here. As bad as he's been in Toronto, he's still a very solid goaltender at the AHL level. The Rangers need a starter for Hartford because the duo of Huska and McCollum isn't going to carry them in the playoffs. Hutchinson has experience with a deep playoff run in the A. Maybe his confidence is blown and it isn't worth it, but I can't see how it would hurt. The Rangers more than likely have to make a move if they want to ensure that Hartford sustains through the season.

Don't think he can, has to go down by a certain point.

In hindsight, they should have sent Georgiev down when they had a chance, but they've struggled to make tough decisions.

From what I gather through reddit, is that you can send down Sheshterkin for like a day after the trade deadline and he would then be eligible for the AHL Playoffs. Again this is from reddit so it can be completely wrong. I thought it happened all the time that eligible players for the AHL would be sent down once The NHL team is eliminated or season ended.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/02/ahl-playoff-eligibility-transactions.html

One thing that is sometimes lost in the shuffle on trade deadline day is a huge number of paper transactions made by each team around the league. Young players that are currently with the NHL club and waiver-exempt, are sent down to the minor leagues for just one day to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs. Though the NHL rosters are expanded on trade deadline day, teams are still left with just four non-emergency recalls for the rest of the season, several of which are used by these eligibility paper transactions.