• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jay Bouwmeester Collapses on Blues Bench; Attended to by Paramedics

Phil

I have one of those.

if ICD was placed, it was not a cardiac arrest. he probably overworked himself, heart went into tachycardia and he lost consciousness. He was shocked to normalize the heart rate. Could be fatal if ever happens again, but with ICD he'll get shocked if it happens again

I have one of those.

if ICD was placed, it was not a cardiac arrest. he probably overworked himself, heart went into tachycardia and he lost consciousness. He was shocked to normalize the heart rate. Could be fatal if ever happens again, but with ICD he'll get shocked if it happens again

Explains why Pete can never get you flustered.

My dad lived for 15 years after he had the defibrillator installed. My brother was a big fan of maxing out performance in the weight room by any means necessary, causing a "cardiac episode" along with genetics probably.And he's had one for about 5 years and has lived relatively normally. No reason Bowmeister cannot resume a normal life but without hockey, and do so quickly.

My dad lived for 15 years after he had the defibrillator installed. My brother was a big fan of maxing out performance in the weight room by any means necessary, causing a "cardiac episode" along with genetics probably.And he's had one for about 5 years and has lived relatively normally. No reason Bowmeister cannot resume a normal life but without hockey, and do so quickly.

Gotta be tough leaving the game this way. He was approaching retirement age anyway, but still. At least he's grossed over 70 million dollars in his career. Pretty good way to live a low key life with a defibrillator installed. Hope he makes a full recovery so he can do so.

Thats pretty much what happened to me. I was on the elliptical and went all crazy without a heart rate monitor which I usually wore. Heart rate went to 220. Dr put ICD in just in case it happened again