Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay Bouwmeester Collapses on Blues Bench; Attended to by Paramedics

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    As someone that used a defib (AED) on people, i can attest that if that was used, not only was he "revived" but in simpler words, his heart stopped and he was dead if they were not there with that.

What i suggest is everyone take a few minutes out of their day and youtube a few videos of how to use an AED and perform CPR. The 5 minutes it takes to watch the video could mean the difference between saving a loved one and seeing them die while helpless. While using an AED would usually be used by someone trained, its not always the case of there being someone there so it might literally be up to you. Here is a good video to watch

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Thanks Keith, very good point...

Converted Naysayer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    As someone that used a defib (AED) on people, i can attest that if that was used, not only was he "revived" but in simpler words, his heart stopped and he was dead if they were not there with that.

What i suggest is everyone take a few minutes out of their day and youtube a few videos of how to use an AED and perform CPR. The 5 minutes it takes to watch the video could mean the difference between saving a loved one and seeing them die while helpless. While using an AED would usually be used by someone trained, its not always the case of there being someone there so it might literally be up to you. Here is a good video to watch
    Thanks man!! Great public service post, Keirik!

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Banned Junior Division
    I have one of those.

if ICD was placed, it was not a cardiac arrest. he probably overworked himself, heart went into tachycardia and he lost consciousness. He was shocked to normalize the heart rate. Could be fatal if ever happens again, but with ICD he'll get shocked if it happens again

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    I have one of those.

if ICD was placed, it was not a cardiac arrest. he probably overworked himself, heart went into tachycardia and he lost consciousness. He was shocked to normalize the heart rate. Could be fatal if ever happens again, but with ICD he'll get shocked if it happens again
    Explains why Pete can never get you flustered.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Explains why Pete can never get you flustered.
    of course he used to but then I had the ICD put in. come to think of it, it might be his fault

Senior Member Midget Division
    My dad lived for 15 years after he had the defibrillator installed. My brother was a big fan of maxing out performance in the weight room by any means necessary, causing a "cardiac episode" along with genetics probably.And he's had one for about 5 years and has lived relatively normally. No reason Bowmeister cannot resume a normal life but without hockey, and do so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    My dad lived for 15 years after he had the defibrillator installed. My brother was a big fan of maxing out performance in the weight room by any means necessary, causing a "cardiac episode" along with genetics probably.And he's had one for about 5 years and has lived relatively normally. No reason Bowmeister cannot resume a normal life but without hockey, and do so quickly.
    Gotta be tough leaving the game this way. He was approaching retirement age anyway, but still. At least he's grossed over 70 million dollars in his career. Pretty good way to live a low key life with a defibrillator installed. Hope he makes a full recovery so he can do so.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Thats pretty much what happened to me. I was on the elliptical and went all crazy without a heart rate monitor which I usually wore. Heart rate went to 220. Dr put ICD in just in case it happened again

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Stop needless exercising and try my Whopper diet. Much safer.

And cheaper than Noom or Peloton.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Stop needless exercising and try my Whopper diet. Much safer.
    Whopper Tuesdays here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12