• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jay Bouwmeester Collapses on Blues Bench; Attended to by Paramedics

Phil

Statement by Doug Armstrong

St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong has released the following statement regarding Blues defenseman Jay Bouwmeester:

"With 7:50 remaining in the first period of our game tonight, Jay Bouwmeester suffered a cardiac episode and collapsed on our bench after completing his shift. Thankfully, with the quick response of our medical trainers, Anaheim medical trainers and their team physicians, they were able to stabilize Jay. He was alert and moving all of his extremities as he was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center. Currently, Jay is conscious and alert as he undergoes further testing by Anaheim's physicians. We will update Jay's condition on Wednesday morning."

As someone that used a defib (AED) on people, i can attest that if that was used, not only was he "revived" but in simpler words, his heart stopped and he was dead if they were not there with that.

What i suggest is everyone take a few minutes out of their day and youtube a few videos of how to use an AED and perform CPR. The 5 minutes it takes to watch the video could mean the difference between saving a loved one and seeing them die while helpless. While using an AED would usually be used by someone trained, its not always the case of there being someone there so it might literally be up to you. Here is a good video to watch

• Like 3

As someone that used a defib (AED) on people, i can attest that if that was used, not only was he "revived" but in simpler words, his heart stopped and he was dead if they were not there with that.

What i suggest is everyone take a few minutes out of their day and youtube a few videos of how to use an AED and perform CPR. The 5 minutes it takes to watch the video could mean the difference between saving a loved one and seeing them die while helpless. While using an AED would usually be used by someone trained, its not always the case of there being someone there so it might literally be up to you. Here is a good video to watch

Thanks man!! Great public service post, Keirik! :repped: