• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 NHL Trade Deadline: Kreid or Die ? Maybe Both?

Phil

Planned on trading Spooner? Guy got here and was on fire. Was deemed a candidate for a middle 6 role as a winger or a center..... Next season he stunk and was a healthy scratch. What a trade that dump was in taking Strome, who also got here and produced when given the opportunity. Thankfully he kept it going.

Read it again

I said give Spooner a look first. He got 20 games and did well that first season.

Then did nothing out of the gate the following year and got dealt.

His look amounted to a 36 game audition, roughly half a season. Ultimately it didn’t work out, but they gave him his shot, over 2 seasons, under 2 coaches, in 2 different systems.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I've seen maaaybeee a first, and a garbage prospect and a take anything attitude.

I expect a Nash like return, but instead of a change of scenery type, they get a legit player/ top prospect.

Who said maybe a 1st?

If someone has, I haven’t caught that.

It’s been long established that the price on Kreider STARTS with a 1st. Only way they don’t get a first is if they somehow get a team to agree to give them a high-end prospect or a really attractive young roster player.

Aside from either of those unlikely scenarios, they’re getting a 1st in the package.

Lol, I've seen maaaybeee a first, and a garbage prospect and a take anything attitude.

I expect a Nash like return, but instead of a change of scenery type, they get a legit player/ top prospect.

when I say change of scenery, I mean former top prospects looking for a new start, just like Brassard, Zibanejad, Strome, Spooner... So a Jost, Bennett, Puljujarvi (young), Tolvanen,

With another deal, I imagine they add a big body like Gauthier, Fischer, Greenway, Bjukstad,

Toffoli traded to Canucks per Dreger. Dont know the return yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Toffoli traded to Canucks by Kings

Los Angeles receives Schaller, prospect, two picks for forward

https://www.nhl.com/news/tyler-toffoli-traded-to-canucks-by-kings/c-315199392?tid=278542340

Some (well, virtually all of you) know other systems better than I... What does Colorado have? Kadri out for a bit, now Rantanen down.. I believe they have a ton of cap space, Kreider looks like a great fit in that lineup right now.

Jost, Kemenev, Kaut, maybe Nichushkin, Ranta

not happening-

Newhook

a bunch of D prospects

Bowers

sleeper - Luka Burzan

• Like 1

Some (well, virtually all of you) know other systems better than I... What does Colorado have? Kadri out for a bit, now Rantanen down.. I believe they have a ton of cap space, Kreider looks like a great fit in that lineup right now.

They're fucking loaded on prospects, and interestingly enough just had Grubauer pick up a knock too.

There's too much of a match between the Avs and the Rangers right now. They need a wing - we're on Kreider. They need a keeper, we've got two for trade. They need a center - maybe we can figure out Strome.

SOMETHING will happen here - possibly even something huge.

• Like 1

Someone explain the Newhook hype? I've read about him since draft day and how good he is. Yet he slipped to 16. He's having a good year in college, but we've seen tons of guys have good college stats just to be average or worse in the NHL. Jimmy Vesey for one.

Now when I read about him, he's some untouchable prospect who Kreider isn't worth. Not following.

Someone explain the Newhook hype? I've read about him since draft day and how good he is. Yet he slipped to 16. He's having a good year in college, but we've seen tons of guys have good College stats just to be average or worse in the NHL. Jimmy Vesey for one.

Now when I read about him, he's some untouchable prospect who Kreider isn't worth. Not following.

He played in the BCHL which has a questionable level of competition. There were concerns about his size and whether his puck skills were a byproduct of the competition that he faced.

Someone explain the Newhook hype? I've read about him since draft day and how good he is. Yet he slipped to 16. He's having a good year in college, but we've seen tons of guys have good college stats just to be average or worse in the NHL. Jimmy Vesey for one.

my bad.

He's one of the guys I fluffed when the Rangers were looking for a mid-pick via trade last season. 16 is right around where he was expected to go.

It's that time of year again! Trade deadline time!

This years? deadline is Monday, February 21st, 2016 ? 3 P.M. EST.

Please use this thread to discuss all feasible NHL Trade Deadline related topics including speculation and verified rumors through to deadline day.

you really screwed up the date here...lol