• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 NHL Trade Deadline: Kreid or Die ? Maybe Both?

Phil

It's that time of year again! Trade deadline time!

This years’ deadline is Monday, February 21st, 2016 – 3 P.M. EST.

Please use this thread to discuss all feasible NHL Trade Deadline related topics including speculation and verified rumors through to deadline day.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great title. Hahahaha.

Deal Kreider.

Depending on how Hank wants to handle the rest of his NYR tenure, I'm not immediately dealing Georgiev.

Don't deal Fast.

I don't think Buch gets dealt until the Draft, if he's even dealt.

What other question marks are there?

Posted before details in OP.

Great title. Hahahaha.

Deal Kreider.

Depending on how Hank wants to handle the rest of his NYR tenure, I'm not immediately dealing Georgiev.

Don't deal Fast.

I don't think Buch gets dealt until the Draft, if he's even dealt.

What other question marks are there?

Posted before details in OP.

ADA, Strome could be traded.

Trade of Skjei not a bad idea given all the D prospects in the pipeline.

Don't trade Fast. We would only have lost the chance to get a 3rd round pick if he does not sign in the end. We may get a discount on him. He knows he won't play top 6 as much of the time elsewhere as he does here, given his rather exalted lifetime players' player status that he has here but not elsewhere. He certainly would get a good offer from Philly.

I'm not that against keeping Strome without a contract extension and going to arbitration if need be. If he gets a rather rich one year deal he will be playing some good hockey for a contract next year and we would have the choice of paying the piper, keeping him for a playoff run, or getting a decent return on him as a rental.

Fast, Georgiev, and find a way to trade Smith and Staal. If you have to add picks or Buch, do it.

Kreider needs to net a 1st and a good prospect/young NHL ready forward.

If anyone wants Lundqvist, you need to make something happen.

Not much time left. It's quiet...... Too quiet.

Yeah, ADA doesn't feel like a deadline move. Can't really think of a contender who are desperate for his type of player right now. And a trade for him would in all likelihood mean trading away a young, talented forward who's in the NHL right now.

Seems more like a deal around the draft where there'll be some sort of package with picks and players.

this roster is really weird, you could make a very compelling case for trading 10 guys, and make an alternatively compelling case as to why trading those same guys would be a bad idea.

I don't want to see any more awful contracts for guys on the wrong side of 30, so I'm in team trade.. But it's not quite as cut and dry as the last 2 years IMO

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28671529/nhl-trade-asset-tiers-buyer-guide-2020-deadline-including-rental-trade-targets-goalies-more

Ondrej Kase, RW, Anaheim Ducks

Stats: 49 GP | 7 G | 16 A | 23 P

Contract: $2.6 million AAV, RFA in 2021, no trade protection

If Justin Faulk wanted to play in Anaheim, Kase wouldn't even be a Duck right now. But that trade was nixed, and the 24-year-old forward has gone on to have a middling offensive season despite increased ice time. The Ducks like him a lot, but it's hard to ignore that his chip was already on the table once this season.

I don't think this is protected content but Wyshinski provides a pretty detailed list of players that might be available. I've highlighted Kase. I've only watched him a couple of times but I'm totally enamored with his skating ability. He seems like a guy that is just about to tap into his potential. If he is a guy available, like Wysh thinks, then this should be someone we could move a defensive asset for, IMO. Clearly he hasn't really put up great numbers yet but maybe that keeps his value down a little.

Nazem Kadri banged up:

http://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/24547/nazem-kadri

Nazem Kadri C, Colorado Avalanche

Nazem Kadri will miss weeks because of a lower-body injury.

Kadri suffered the injury during Sunday's game. His exact timeline isn't known yet, but clearly this is a substantial injury. He has 19 goals and 36 points in 51 contests this season.

Source: Mark Moser on Twitter

Feb 11, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

What about something like Strome and Georgiev for Hertl?

Cap relief and two solutions for the Sharks, a concrete solution for our 2nd line with cost-certainty.

Is that a thing we can massage out?

Why does San Jose do that? They can just re-sign Dell and keep Hertl.

Why does San Jose do that? They can just re-sign Dell and keep Hertl.

Aaron Dell is a 31 year old replacement level backup goalie and Alexandar Georgiev is a 23 year old better than replacement level 1B starting goalie. That Dell has won the starting job from Jones is a catastropic critique on Jones, not an endorsement of Dell.

Aaron Dell is a 31 year old replacement level backup goalie and Alexandar Georgiev is a 23 year old better than replacement level 1B starting goalie. That Dell has won the starting job from Jones is a catastropic critique on Jones, not an endorsement of Dell.

Dell is below replacement level. He's barely a capable backup.

That said, I don't think the Sharks are giving up Hertl for a goalie with some question marks.

I know what both players are.

Georgiev doesn't make the tendy position better. They still need a starter, and have downgraded on Strome for Hertl.

I know what both players are.

Georgiev doesn't make the tendy position better. They still need a starter, and have downgraded on Strome for Hertl.

If I'm the Sharks, I'm not looking at the playoffs this season....I'm rebuilding that defense... With the exception of Mario Ferraro, every member of that defense is really near, or over 30 years old, and shooting the puck with their canes soon. I would think Tony D'Angelo would be a great landing spot for these guys.