Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 NHL Trade Deadline: Kreid or Die — Maybe Both?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Aaron Dell is a 31 year old replacement level backup goalie and Alexandar Georgiev is a 23 year old better than replacement level 1B starting goalie. That Dell has won the starting job from Jones is a catastropic critique on Jones, not an endorsement of Dell.
    Dell is below replacement level. He's barely a capable backup.

That said, I don't think the Sharks are giving up Hertl for a goalie with some question marks.
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Aaron Dell is a 31 year old replacement level backup goalie and Alexandar Georgiev is a 23 year old better than replacement level 1B starting goalie. That Dell has won the starting job from Jones is a catastropic critique on Jones, not an endorsement of Dell.
    I know what both players are.

Georgiev doesn't make the tendy position better. They still need a starter, and have downgraded on Strome for Hertl.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know what both players are.

Georgiev doesn't make the tendy position better. They still need a starter, and have downgraded on Strome for Hertl.
    If I'm the Sharks, I'm not looking at the playoffs this season....I'm rebuilding that defense... With the exception of Mario Ferraro, every member of that defense is really near, or over 30 years old, and shooting the puck with their canes soon. I would think Tony D'Angelo would be a great landing spot for these guys.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    They just bought EK. DeAngelo is redundant in their system.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    They just bought EK. DeAngelo is redundant in their system.
    Their cap situation is bad back there; They're paying Burns $8 million a year til he's 40!!! UGH!!!
    Karlsson is a lifer there!

Senior Member Midget Division
    believe it would take a little more than that to get Hertyl
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Does anyone else think Zibanejad is making a statement after games with regard to Kreider? And does it move the needle, if only by a small percentage? He seemed aggrievated when Zucc left last year and he will be more upset if Kreider goes. They all say it's a business but players are obviously affected differently depending on the player.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Does anyone else think Zibanejad is making a statement after games with regard to Kreider? And does it move the needle, if only by a small percentage? He seemed aggrievated when Zucc left last year and he will be more upset if Kreider goes. They all say it's a business but players are obviously affected differently depending on the player.
    What is he doing that he normally doesn't? They've always been close.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    That's true. I just think he's putting in a little more effort lately, but that could just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    That's true. I just think he's putting in a little more effort lately, but that could just be me.
    He’s just uping his value, doing the best for the future of the team like a true Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    I would trade Skjei, Hank, Staal, and Smith if there was a taker

Don’t think we want to afford Kreider and his trade value is high. Sell high on ADA. Maybe Fast is valuable as a throw in. Keep Buch unless overwhelmed.

Stay patient at this point of the rebuild.

Senior Member Junior Division
    https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/br...anthers-needs/.

It's coming from Friedman, so I don't know how reputable this is.. Love Trocheck, but is he a fit? Do they need a center? I'd rather find a wing or two. But I do that trade just to do it. Wasn't aware that Skjei has a NMC about to kick in.

Opinions?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/br...anthers-needs/.

It's coming from Friedman, so I don't know how reputable this is.. Love Trocheck, but is he a fit? Do they need a center? I'd rather find a wing or two. But I do that trade just to do it. Wasn't aware that Skjei has a NMC about to kick in.

Opinions?
    Trocheck is a fit for sure. Good player too - he can play wing or C.

Hard to move skjei without a plan for the left side, though.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Trocheck is a fit for sure. Good player too - he can play wing or C.

Hard to move skjei without a plan for the left side, though.
    I say Lindgren replaces him easily and you have Hajek, Rykov, Keane to fill in Lindgrens current spot. Gotta make room for the other kids like Miller, Lundkvist, Jones and so on.. Obviously they drop Staal and Smith after next season, but if you can get value for someone that looks to be replaceable from within, you have to do it.

IMO dealing Skjei for a forward is a must do, because I see no other match that I'd be willing to deal. I keep DeAngelo over Skjei. Maybe flop DeAngelo in a year or two if these prospects look like they are better fits both cap wise and roster wise.

If Trocheck can play wing. Let's do it. Unless people think there's a better get available.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Let's be clear... Skjei for Trocek did not come from Friedman.

Trocek being available did. Then a blog doubled down on their own unsourced tweet that Rangers would explore moving Skjei and tried to connect some dots.

That said, I wouldn't mind that trade but Trocek is a risk. Hasn't been the same player after his injury.

I'd pass on Skjei for Trocheck unless they are also trading Strome in another deal. If not, why would the Rangers trade a 2nd pairing defenseman for a center when you have Zib/Strome/Chytil? Not connecting the dots there. The bigger needs moving forward: 1LD, 1RW, 2LW (if they trade Kreider). A trade involving Skjei should help with one of those positions.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I'd pass on Skjei for Trocheck unless they are also trading Strome in another deal. If not, why would the Rangers trade a 2nd pairing defenseman for a center when you have Zib/Strome/Chytil? Not connecting the dots there. The bigger needs moving forward: 1LD, 1RW, 2LW (if they trade Kreider). A trade involving Skjei should help with one of those positions.
    In that scenario, Chytil moves to wing (where he may be better) and either Trochek or Strome are 3C.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    If he can play wing, isn't he a fit? Does Chytil work on the wing? Strome? Trocheck is good at faceoffs.. Some people here aren't into Strome for some reason. What else is out there? Maybe they trade Hoffman with Tippet? They need the cap space to take Skjei. Would they take Smith/Staal for Hoffman?
    Do they really need this 1LD that people are suggesting? They have a few potentially down the pipe and can get away with using what's in house for now to pair with Trouba. I have zero problem giving Lindgren Skjeis spot, and calling up Hajek/Rykov/ Keane and so on to backfill for the next season and a half. I'm really surprised at how little respect Lindgren has gotten around here. Kids a stud and is gritty AF.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    If he can play wing, isn't he a fit? Does Chytil work on the wing? Strome? Trocheck is good at faceoffs.. Some people here aren't into Strome for some reason. What else is out there? Maybe they trade Hoffman with Tippet? They need the cap space to take Skjei. Would they take Smith/Staal for Hoffman?
    Do they really need this 1LD that people are suggesting? They have a few potentially down the pipe and can get away with using what's in house for now to pair with Trouba. I have zero problem giving Lindgren Skjeis spot, and calling up Hajek/Rykov/ Keane and so on to backfill for the next season and a half. I'm really surprised at how little respect Lindgren has gotten around here. Kids a stud and is gritty AF.
    Absolutely. I think it's the one major hole on this team that doesn't have anyone in the pipeline who is close, or maybe even capable, of filling it (Miller? 4, 5 years?). They can't wait that long and waste Panarin and Zibanejad. Agreed on Lindgren. He looks to be a capable second pairing to fill Skjei's spot there.

Perfectly fine trading Skjei. Just want the right return. Don't want to move guys out of their natural positions to make it work.

Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    That Trouba contract sucks

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast