• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PIT Acquires Jason Zucker for Alex Galchenyuk, 2020 1st Round Pick, Calen Addisson

Phil

What the hell? That?s a shitload to give up.

Not really.

Galchenyuk is a rental, one who?s completely lost his way and is now on his third team in two years. He doesn?t have much value at this point. I don?t think a 1st and a B prospect is over paying for 3 years of a very good player in his peak years. Zucker seems a good fit to play on Crosby?s wing as well.

Not really.

Galchenyuk is a rental, one who?s completely lost his way and is now on his third team in two years. He doesn?t have much value at this point. I don?t think a 1st and a B prospect is over paying for 3 years of a very good player in his peak years. Zucker seems a good fit to play on Crosby?s wing as well.

The fact that Zucker has term in his prime makes any attempts to use this to gauge returns on rental deals inapposite.

Not really.

Galchenyuk is a rental, one who’s completely lost his way and is now on his third team in two years. He doesn’t have much value at this point. I don’t think a 1st and a B prospect is over paying for 3 years of a very good player in his peak years. Zucker seems a good fit to play on Crosby’s wing as well.

Galchenyuk is awful. He's trending in the wrong direction and is a UFA. He's literally a salary dump. Forget his name. The trade should read "PIT Acquires Jason Zucker for $4.9 million in cap room, a 2020 1st round pick, and Calen Addisson."