• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Things "Just Going to Get Uglier" in Buffalo; Would Eichel Leave?

Phil

Im sorry, master

If you owned a mansion valued at $80 million dollars, would me giving you 1,000 shithole properties valued at $80,000 a piece be equal simply because they were built in the same year?

This stuff doesn't cancel out like simple math. Eichel — on the seventh-worst team in the league with the seventh-worst goal differential — is fourth in scoring among NHL centers and sixth among all skaters. Offering a dozen guys who don't even have a tenth his skill just because they're all young doesn't help Buffalo. It hurts them. If this gets so bad they're forced to move Eichel, it'll be a franchise-altering deal in every sense. Fucking it up would set them back by orders of magnitude.

I went through a certain process with the Buffalo Sabres organization, and while I think the Pegula’s are doing a great job helping the organization, I’ve never met so many incompetent drones with the inability to think, including evaluating the simple situations, it’s almost hard to think they have capable people in important roles.

That's every corporation, though.

I went through a certain process with the Buffalo Sabres organization, and while I think the Pegula’s are doing a great job helping the organization, I’ve never met so many incompetent drones with the inability to think, including evaluating the simple situations, it’s almost hard to think they have capable people in important roles.

That's every corporation, though.

Then how good are the Pegulas, really? This many years with this much money spent for as little returns as they've gotten leads me to believe they're too involved, which is probably why they're staffed by yes men.

If you owned a mansion valued at $80 million dollars, would me giving you 1,000 shithole properties valued at $80,000 a piece be equal simply because they were built in the same year?

This stuff doesn't cancel out like simple math. Eichel — on the seventh-worst team in the league with the seventh-worst goal differential — is fourth in scoring among NHL centers and sixth among all skaters. Offering a dozen guys who don't even have a tenth his skill just because they're all young doesn't help Buffalo. It hurts them. If this gets so bad they're forced to move Eichel, it'll be a franchise-altering deal in every sense. Fucking it up would set them back by orders of magnitude.

Nothing helps Buffalo when losing Eichel. They’re losing no matter what they get in return if he asks to leave. But ADA will make their suffering little easier

He's two years from UFA. Yes, they lose by default because they give up the best player, which underscores my point: if you do this, you have to get back enough hope to offset that fact. That's not coming in a 25-year-old defenseman who can't defend with a history of off-ice and coaching issues.

They also need to immediately backfill with another center.

He's two years from UFA. Yes, they lose by default because they give up the best player, which underscores my point: if you do this, you have to get back enough hope to offset that fact. That's not coming in a 25-year-old defenseman who can't defend with a history of off-ice and coaching issues.

They also need to immediately backfill with another center.

Obviously. ADA plus other pieces. I never said otherwise. Don’t diminish ADA tho, he’s a stud

almost always the team that gets the best player wins the deal... because there just aren’t that many great players like eichel... so even if the players/draft picks in sum look better than eichel... loss of him creates a huge hole in a lineup, and it’s easier to replace the pieces.

it’s hard to imagine the rangers as a better team if they traded panarin for a pu pu platter of players and draft picks. panarin is such a difference maker every time he steps on the ice

LMAO.

That's certainly a new level of playing victim.

Eh, in this case, I think it's 100% true. You can literally see it daily on Twitter. Good as he is, the moment he tweets about, or likes a tweet from or about Trump, the sharks circle.

He plays the shitheel well, too, like when he sent a tweet out weeks back congratulating Dems on impeachment and dropping some remark about "acquittal day."

Eh, in this case, I think it's 100% true. You can literally see it daily on Twitter. Good as he is, the moment he tweets about, or likes a tweet from or about Trump, the sharks circle.

He plays the shitheel well, too, like when he sent a tweet out weeks back congratulating Dems on impeachment and dropping some remark about "acquittal day."

Is that "a large percentage" of fans? Not sure about that one.

And does it have anything to do about what they think of him as a player? How can anyone prove that? Unless people have tweeted trade him becuase he supports Trump...I dunno, I try not to engage with Rangers Twitter.

Personally, I like ADA and I'd rather trade Trouba but that's unlikely so ADA is a trade candidate. I think he's a bit of an asshole (not because he's MAGA, he's just an asshole), but I'd want him on my team. Lemiuex and Strome are part of that MAGA grew and I've got no issue with them. That's just me.