• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Things "Just Going to Get Uglier" in Buffalo; Would Eichel Leave?

Phil

ur talking multiple piks here. at least two firsts and go from there, probably have to throw in d'andre and maybe kravtsov

No problem.

I don’t even like Eichel, but for a kid like that, your untouchable list is 1, maybe 2 guys, at most.

What would an Eichel package look like? Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st?

I'm not quite as sold on Eichel as being worth the price tag, and I'm not sure the Rangers would be, or should be, willing to pay it.

More, I think. Eichel's probably a top 5 center approaching the start of his prime.

More, I think. Eichel's probably a top 5 center approaching the start of his prime.

Given the 1st will probably be top 8-10, it's not a bad start. Might have to add another 1st or high end prospect like Miller or Kravtsov. Assuming Kakko would be a non-starter from the Rangers' point of view.

Eichel is lighting it up this season, but the shot % is not sustainable. They'd probably want a more proven asset back anyway. A proven 60+ point player.

Given the 1st will probably be top 8-10, it's not a bad start. Might have to add another 1st or high end prospect like Miller or Kravtsov. Assuming Kakko would be a non-starter from the Rangers' point of view.

Eichel is lighting it up this season, but the shot % is not sustainable. They'd probably want a more proven asset back anyway. A proven 60+ point player.

I'd use the Karlsson package as a barometer, with an indeterminate plus since he's signed forever to a contract that may or may not be awesome, but tbd there.

You're probably talking about Buchnevich, DeAngelo, 1st, and a Pajuniemi or something.

I'd do it.

I'd use the Karlsson package as a barometer, with an indeterminate plus since he's signed forever to a contract that may or may not be awesome, but tbd there.

You're probably talking about Buchnevich, DeAngelo, 1st, and a Pajuniemi or something.

I'd do it.

Nah, you need more than that. I would think Chytil, ADA, Miller, 1st + something more with significant value.

A 23 y/old Eichel on a decent contract is worth a lot more than a 28 y old UFA-to-be Karlsson.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd do it.

Nah, you need more than that. I would think Chytil, ADA, Miller, 1st + something more with significant value.

A 23 y/old Eichel on a decent contract is worth a lot more than a 28 y old UFA-to-be Karlsson.

Yeah, Zucc's got it right here. The age factor is a back-breaker in this one.

This is the kind of deal where, in order to make it, you've got to compose your offer and then immediately second-guess if it's even worth making. That's the indicator that it's probably actually fair for Buffalo, who literally can't afford to fuck this up.

Basically, something like: Chytil, Trouba, Barron or Kravtsov, 2020 1st (lottery protected), 2021 2nd for Eichel, Bogosian (salary requirement).

This is the kind of deal where, in order to make it, you've got to compose your offer and then immediately second-guess if it's even worth making. That's the indicator that it's probably actually fair for Buffalo, who literally can't afford to fuck this up.

Basically, something like: Chytil, Trouba, Barron or Kravtsov, 2020 1st (lottery protected), 2021 2nd for Eichel, Bogosian (salary requirement).

I?d do in a heartbeat

age factor cancels out because pieces that are going back are also in their early twenties IMO

age factor cancels out because pieces that are going back are also in their early twenties IMO

What? No it doesnt. Eichel is young and already one of the best centers in the league. The cost of that is more than for a 28 year old D man. Especially when the young center is signed for many years at a relatively cheap AAV.

I went through a certain process with the Buffalo Sabres organization, and while I think the Pegula’s are doing a great job helping the organization, I’ve never met so many incompetent drones with the inability to think, including evaluating the simple situations, it’s almost hard to think they have capable people in important roles.