Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Member Midget Division
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/kennedy-ce...ry?id=69874793

The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., will stop paying its musicians despite expecting to receive some $25 million in aid from the recently signed coronavirus national stimulus package, a union that represents the orchestra said.
    Is this what Pelosi wanted when she had to have this in the stimulus? 25 million dollars in aid just to have the musicians lose their pay.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/kennedy-ce...ry?id=69874793

Is this what Pelosi wanted when she had to have this in the stimulus? 25 million dollars in aid just to have the musicians lose their pay.
    Probably not, but the Kennedy Center employs some 3000 people. I'm not a fan of this move regardless.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Probably not, but the Kennedy Center employs some 3000 people. I'm not a fan of this move regardless.
    Who cares? Those employees are still covered by the same $1,200 help as everyone else. This bill shows the full stupidity of our government. Hundreds of pages of bullshit because everyone wants to try to get a little piece of legislation that has nothing to do with the crisis passed. Why they can't sit in a room and pass items one at a time is beyond me.

"All in favor of giving a $1,200 check to every adult making under x amount of money?" Good, passed, send it to the president.
    "All in favor of giving X amount to hospitals?" Good, passed, send it to the president.
    And so on and so forth.

But no, they hold up the common sense stuff that they all agree on while they bicker about all the useless bullshit they try to add in.

Coaching Fail Bantam Division

WTF?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/h...ronavirus.html

Just after 6:30 on a recent morning, Dr. Henry Nikicicz, an anesthesiologist in Texas, finished an emergency intubation of a man in his 70s who was suffering severe respiratory distress. Then the doctor’s own trouble began.

Stepping out of an elevator after finishing the procedure, Dr. Nikicicz put his respirator face mask back on when he saw a group of people walking down the hallway toward him — reflexively trying to protect himself, and them, should anyone have been infected by the coronavirus.

In the days that followed, Dr. Nikicicz said, he was told that his job was at risk because policy at the hospital where he works, University Medical Center in El Paso, prohibited the use of protective masks in the hallways. “Wearing that mask is essential for me,” Dr. Nikicicz, 60, who has asthma and hypertension, said in an interview.

After he refused to back down, Dr. Nikicicz was removed from the schedule, effectively suspending him from work without pay.

Banned Junior Division
    lol...thats gonna be a nice settlement

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    We just found out that our chiefs have been quarantined because they worked with someone who tested positive, even if they don't have any symptoms. Yet we are being told that just because your partner has it, who you are with 8 and a half hours a day, and they test positive, as long as you don't have any symptoms, you can still work. We are getting pissed with this nonsense. We spent 2 hours cleaning and mopping our office with bleach yesterday because they won't send anyone to clean our building. This really has been a nightmare. People still need to get close to us on the streets, and we back away and they follow. A lot of people are still out there, each day I feel like its more and more. People need to listen and stay inside.

Banned Junior Division
    Just reported that the Chinese take all the blame for spreading the Coronavirus and will pay around $55 trillion to world governments. Italy, Spain, and the US will get the most, obviously.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Just reported that the Chinese take all the blame for spreading the Coronavirus and will pay around $55 trillion to world governments. Italy, Spain, and the US will get the most, obviously.
    I almost opened another window to look that up.

Nice try.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Junior Division

Dupe post
    Last edited by Enrico Pallazzo; 04-02-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Coronavirus cases top 1 million worldwide, researchers say

http://video.foxnews.com/v/6146657553001/
    Last edited by Enrico Pallazzo; 04-02-2020 at 06:02 PM.

plus China, so probably closer to 3m world-wide

And if anyone isnt working, or losing hours, make sure you file for unemployment.

If your kids are home - you may be eligible for sick-time leave.

Banned Junior Division
    Anyone has anyone close who’s sick?

My close friend down the street is sick. My cousins in Queens. The whole family is sick. One of my coworker’s sister in law died from the virus yesterday. So he says.

No. I don't know anyone personally who has it.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    .0003% chance of currently having it in Canada.

That's not to say tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, here have it and have no idea, or didn't get tested.

Lost a colleague who had prior health complications, but still, was managing. RIP Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Anyone has anyone close who’s sick?

My close friend down the street is sick. My cousins in Queens. The whole family is sick. One of my coworker’s sister in law died from the virus yesterday. So he says.
    Co-workers son has it.
    My uncle is in quarantine because his co-worker tested positive... and continued to work for a week. My uncle was around my grandparents, in a nursing home, and around my parents all weekend. He found out late Monday. No symptoms, so that’s good.

A couple friends of mine had it but appear to be over it now thankfully and the test results came back after 5-7 days
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast