Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 716

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #641
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some did. Many didn't. Small Business Loans were given to big business. My co workers husband is investigating it.

    The bailout didn't make it's way directly to many Americans who really needed it.


    Republicans are good at this. Throw a ton of PR about what the Dems wanted in the bill, and sneak through "no oversight" on loan approvals ... Basically giving the administration the right to grant loans to whomever they felt like it.
    Private banks were in charge of giving out PPP loans tho. I think some big banks were giving them out to more credit-worthy clients and big business fell into that category.
    And every business i know got their PPP loans if they applied for it. I personally know of about 10 of them. And don’t forget, its a loan , not a grant.

  2. #642
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Not alone. It's supplemental to unemployment and hopefully some savings. All combined, it can get a lot of people by a couple of months.
    Supplemtal is $600 per week and unemployment is max $504 per week. Thats $1100 per week to sit home

  3. #643
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Not alone. It's supplemental to unemployment and hopefully some savings. All combined, it can get a lot of people by a couple of months.
    I don't think "a lot". And too tired to research COL.

    It should haven been tiered by COL and it wasn't huge fail.

  4. #644
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,691
    Rep Power
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Sorry. Green New Deal Democratic Socialists. Like it's any different.
    Quite different, actually. The only difference between a Democratic Socialist and a Reaganomics fan is that one side thinks there should be something ensuring the trickle down actually trickles.

    Why is the right wing so maniacally against the Green New Deal? I thought new economy jobs and billions of dollars infused of growth was a good thing.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  5. #645
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,691
    Rep Power
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Supplemtal is $600 per week and unemployment is max $504 per week. Thats $1100 per week to sit home
    If they're getting paid that much to sit at home, and that's a problem big enough to make someone go "yup, not going back to work"...the problem isn't unemployment. It's that their companies pay them so little that unemployment is actually more attractive.

    It's not a "but they're lazy" problem; it's a "but muh dividends and shareholders" problem
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  6. #646
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Supplemtal is $600 per week and unemployment is max $504 per week. Thats $1100 per week to sit home
    Anecdotal, but everyone I know...Not a few people I know...everyone I know...Who has applied for the $600 has not had their claim approved. And only 2 out of around a dozen or so are getting unemployment.

  7. #647
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,047
    Rep Power
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Supplemtal is $600 per week and unemployment is max $504 per week. Thats $1100 per week to sit home
    Holy shit. That's triple what it is here. That's insane.

    To Pete's point, to get the money here, you answer four questions on website and it goes in your bank account a week later.

    I wanted my wife to apply, she doesn't work, but free money. Coulda got a hot tub. Stupid conscience.

  8. #648
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Anecdotal, but everyone I know...Not a few people I know...everyone I know...Who has applied for the $600 has not had their claim approved. And only 2 out of around a dozen or so are getting unemployment.
    Really? Everyone but one person i know got approved. Not sure why that other person isnt getting it

  9. #649
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    If they're getting paid that much to sit at home, and that's a problem big enough to make someone go "yup, not going back to work"...the problem isn't unemployment. It's that their companies pay them so little that unemployment is actually more attractive.

    It's not a "but they're lazy" problem; it's a "but muh dividends and shareholders" problem
    Iíll just file it into ďu just donít know what u are talking aboutĒ column. Not every company is sitting on millions but paying employees minimum wage. In fact, im pretty sure no company does that, any that iíve heard of. You and Pete has this communist visual of capitalism in America where every company owner is a fat bourgeoisie with a cigar in his mouth sitting on bags of money while the working class is fighting for scraps. Its just not the case

  10. #650
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Oh and trickledown does work. You know what doesn’t work? Handouts

  11. #651
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,691
    Rep Power
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    I’ll just file it into “u just don’t know what u are talking about” column. Not every company is sitting on millions but paying employees minimum wage. In fact, im pretty sure no company does that, any that i’ve heard of. You and Pete has this communist visual of capitalism in America where every company owner is a fat bourgeoisie with a cigar in his mouth sitting on bags of money while the working class is fighting for scraps. Its just not the case
    File away. When P&L statements at companies like Walmart and McDonalds show net profits in the 10 figure range, and their employees are full-time and on food stamps, it's really hard for your argument to stand up. But if you're still cool paying their employees the difference in tax money, go for it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  12. #652
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,691
    Rep Power
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Oh and trickledown does work. You know what doesn’t work? Handouts
    Nobody asking for handouts. Get over that point. Get past it. Nobody wants free shit. We pay taxes. We want that money invested in people instead of in corporations and fighter jets. What's the point of taxes if not to ensure the well-being of the people?

    By the by - my last post is "trickle down working" - your tax money trickles down while these companies get to pay nothing in taxes and not enough to their employees. Socialism for the tricklers, capitalism for the down.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  13. #653
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Oh and trickledown does work. You know what doesnít work? Handouts
    Lol there is zero evidence that trickle down works.

  14. #654
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Iíll just file it into ďu just donít know what u are talking aboutĒ column. Not every company is sitting on millions but paying employees minimum wage. In fact, im pretty sure no company does that, any that iíve heard of. You and Pete has this communist visual of capitalism in America where every company owner is a fat bourgeoisie with a cigar in his mouth sitting on bags of money while the working class is fighting for scraps. Its just not the case
    Oh no scary words! Accusations of... Gasp... Communism...

    Every company owner? No. But Jesus Christ go Google any article that talks about C Suite comp.

    I fucking work at Verizon Media and Tim Armstrong drove it into the ground and Marissa Mayer drove Yahoo into the ground and got MILLIONS to go away while we have layoffs every 6 months due to their bad decisions.

    I have to ask where you work and what you do because there's gross negligence happening all around you and you're worried about the faulty Corona tesr your aunt took.

  15. #655
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    File away. When P&L statements at companies like Walmart and McDonalds show net profits in the 10 figure range, and their employees are full-time and on food stamps, it's really hard for your argument to stand up. But if you're still cool paying their employees the difference in tax money, go for it.
    Mcdonalds is a franchise. I believe salaries are set by individual management. And if the mcdonalds corporation is making billions, more power to them. They’re doing something right. Im sure u like your big mac value meal for $9 or whatever.
    You complaining about minimum wage? U think a burger flipper should get 50K a year and s pension plan? What should u be getting with your college education then? Basic economics are very simple

  16. #656
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh no scary words! Accusations of... Gasp... Communism...

    Every company owner? No. But Jesus Christ go Google any article that talks about C Suite comp.

    I fucking work at Verizon Media and Tim Armstrong drove it into the ground and Marissa Mayer drove Yahoo into the ground and got MILLIONS to go away while we have layoffs every 6 months due to their bad decisions.

    I have to ask where you work and what you do because there's gross negligence happening all around you and you're worried about the faulty Corona tesr your aunt took.
    Yahoo was an internet bubble company. No one drove it into the ground, it became irrelevant because it offered nothing other than news and an email platform.

    Im one of those people you hate so much. I started from nothing and now run a company that employs over 200 people. Im proof that trickledown works. My company got financed when I started by fat assholes with lots of money. And yes, they got fatter and richer off of my hard work.

  17. #657
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Enrico Pallazzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,935
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I think I might change my avatar to Thomas Dolby.

  18. #658
    Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,780
    Rep Power
    437
    Goddamnit people keep it on topic please

  19. #659
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Yahoo was an internet bubble company. No one drove it into the ground, it became irrelevant because it offered nothing other than news and an email platform.

    Im one of those people you hate so much. I started from nothing and now run a company that employs over 200 people. Im proof that trickledown works. My company got financed when I started by fat assholes with lots of money. And yes, they got fatter and richer off of my hard work.
    Yahoo has been around 25 years. They started in search and now have news, sports, finance, fantasy and betting, and an ad serving platform. They're hardly a bubble company LOL. And you clearly have no idea about the history of the company so we can just stop here.

    So trickle down worked for you, therefore it works. Just like your aunt had a false Corona positive therefore there's widespread fraud and falsifying of records to inflate the numbers.

    Corona is real and it's killing people and overrunning hospitals. It's not going away. We know this to be true. I don't know what you're looking to prove here. No one is getting rich off this. Except PPE manufacturers and maybe the companies who got bailed out, and eventually big pharma.

  20. #660
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,410
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Yahoo was an internet bubble company. No one drove it into the ground, it became irrelevant because it offered nothing other than news and an email platform.

    Im one of those people you hate so much. I started from nothing and now run a company that employs over 200 people. Im proof that trickledown works. My company got financed when I started by fat assholes with lots of money. And yes, they got fatter and richer off of my hard work.
    AnEcDoTaL!!! Even though trickle down has benefitted at least 200 people in one example. This literally happens ALL of the time. My company was started by the CEO 15 years ago and has 300 something employees. My previous company before this was started by the CEO and had 150 employees.

    Thanks to both for their hard work and reinvesting their riches so people like me can have a good job.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •