• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shesterkin Wins the Job?

BrooksBurner

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hank saved one. 'Twas a nice save.

It's still too early to say, the past five years of never losing and posting a .940 save pct just don't do it for me.

This is true.

Leagues where Nigel Dawes is a leading scorer, all star, and legend are always good gauges of goalie talent.

All fair points, and I agree about only being able to handle what's in front of you.

It just seems like this fan base is in a rush with everything. Half a dozen games from Shesty and it's time to buyout Lundqvist. Chytil finally doing that's that get noticed on the third line and he's now ready to face the top D in the league with Panarin.

Patience is in short supply around these parts.

We know Lundqvist is toward the end of his career. Sure, small sample size - there's still uncertainty what we're going to get long-term with Shesterkin. But please allow some excitement that Shesterkin might be a solid NHL goalie. What we get after Lundqvist retires is still a question-mark, but we're getting some initial results.

We know Lundqvist is toward the end of his career. Sure, small sample size - there's still uncertainty what we're going to get long-term with Shesterkin. But please allow some excitement that Shesterkin might be a solid NHL goalie. What we get after Lundqvist retires is still a question-mark, but we're getting some initial results.

We already know. Igor is the real deal. Maybe not a vezina winning, HOF?er, but he well be a good goalie.

There's excitement... And then there's what's happening here... And they aren't the same.

Every sports message board has the same basic posters:

- 10% are those predisposed for overly glowing hyperbole and unrealistic expectations.

- 8% are Eeyore/Oscar the Grouch. They find the negatives in every player, coach, or aspect of play. Beats it in to the ground, even when the player/team are playing well. Nothing is ever good enough

- 2% Mr Right. This poster wants nothing more that to be right 100% of the time, even if it means the team or player faltering to support their argument.

- 80% Are just fans. Get down in the dumps when its going poorly, flying high when things are going well. Will agree and disagree, bicker and chirp, hug and high five.

It would be cool if everyone was in the last group.. But the first 3 groups are what make a place like this a hell of a lot of fun.

Back peddling to "the adult in the room" stance.
Someone has to be.

But "backpedaling" gets a huge fuckin LOL because my stance has been the same the whole time.

Also, when the data changes I reserve the right to change my stance.

Everyone should do that. And no one should attack people who do. It's bush league.

Every sports message board has the same basic posters:

- 10% are those predisposed for overly glowing hyperbole and unrealistic expectations.

- 8% are Eeyore/Oscar the Grouch. They find the negatives in every player, coach, or aspect of play. Beats it in to the ground, even when the player/team are playing well. Nothing is ever good enough

- 2% Mr Right. This poster wants nothing more that to be right 100% of the time, even if it means the team or player faltering to support their argument.

- 80% Are just fans. Get down in the dumps when its going poorly, flying high when things are going well. Will agree and disagree, bicker and chirp, hug and high five.

It would be cool if everyone was in the last group.. But the first 3 groups are what make a place like this a hell of a lot of fun.

Thats why you have one post every other day? :slats:

Someone has to be.

But "backpedaling" gets a huge fuckin LOL because my stance has been the same the whole time.

Also, when the data changes I reserve the right to change my stance.

Everyone should do that. And no one should attack people who do. It's bush league.

"Another replacement level stat line from Shesterkin, keep saying he's the truth"

"Any of these goalies gives the team an equal chance to win"

You sound like Jake Allen's mom.

• Like 1

"Another replacement level stat line from Shesterkin, keep saying he's the truth"

"Any of these goalies gives the team an equal chance to win"

You sound like Jake Allen's mom.

Great, you sound like Shesty side piece.

"Everything he does is magic. Every move he makes is masterful. Don't let Allaire wreck him, he's already absolute perfection."

Christ Almighty I can't even imagine what you would say if he actually did something of note like win the vezina. You may not survive.

Thats why you have one post every other day? :slats:

I'm the worst I'll admit it... 10 minutes after you lose game 3 to get down 2-1 in a series, I'm firing coaches and trading the Zamboni driver.. By the morning I've devised a clear and rational path to winning that series and somehow sweeping the rest of the post season.. That 80% group should probably be called "Lunatics or People in Need of Professional Help"

Fantastic. Winning is immaterial at this point since they're not making the playoffs, so who really cares?

It's a pretty ridiculous argument to have. Who helps my draft pick get worse? I think I'll play him more!

That's true. But I'm pretty sure the discussion you're having is whether you can say Igor gives them the best chance to win or not. Which you can't yet, obviously, if you want to deal in facts. But it's probably ok to have that opinion based on what we've seen.

I'm not sure what your angle is here though? Send him back to Hartford on account of being to good and damaging their chances at a high pick?

That's true. But I'm pretty sure the discussion you're having is whether you can say Igor gives them the best chance to win or not. Which you can't yet, obviously, if you want to deal in facts. But it's probably ok to have that opinion based on what we've seen.

I'm not sure what your angle is here though? Send him back to Hartford on account of being to good and damaging their chances at a high pick?

Nah I'm just tired of talking about Shesty LOL.

These are the facts I deal in...It doesn't matter who's in net since this team is as Jekyll and Hyde as it gets, and I've yet to see him "steal" a game they should have lost (that's not a critique, it's an observation). So you could put Hasek in his prime in net and team would lose on the nights they take off.

Yea, you can say that on any team, but good teams come to play way more than this team does.

Fantastic. Winning is immaterial at this point since they're not making the playoffs, so who really cares?

It's a pretty ridiculous argument to have. Who helps my draft pick get worse? I think I'll play him more!

So we should rather play the old guy and lose instead of the young guy and win? Sounds like a wonderful plan.

Get Fox, Zib and Panarin off the ice, they?re making our pick worse!

?Igor isnt better than the other two goalies and doesnt give us a better shot at winning?

- yes he does

?Well, winning is bad anyway, so it doesnt matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk