• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#54) Rangers v. Los Angeles Kings // Prince vs. Kings

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both. Stopping 42 of 43 shots by an NHL team is objectively good.

It's actually not objectively anything, hence the question.

The Kings best scorer is Anze Kopitar who's 39 in the league in scoring.

The next best point getter has 15 less points and his name is Alex Iafallo. Did you even know his name before I told you?

Pete, what goalie do you think gives this team the best chance to win at this point?

They have the same chance to win no matter who's in net.

They are a sieve defensively and inconsistent offensively. If you can predict the crap shoot of the team who'll show up and align it with the goalie of your choice, then that's the goalie with the best chance to win.

It's actually not objectively anything, hence the question.

The Kings best scorer is Anze Kopitar who's 39 in the league in scoring.

The next best point getter has 15 less points and his name is Alex Iafallo. Did you even know his name before I told you?

this sums up your last month or so around here.

They have the same chance to win no matter who's in net.

They are a sieve defensively and inconsistent offensively. If you can predict the crap shoot of the team who'll show up and align it with the goalie of your choice, then that's the goalie with the best chance to win.

True that defensively NYR are often bad. And if you can clog the neutral zone, or defense their 2 big players, offensively they struggle.

But people throw around "crapshoot" as totally random. It is not. If you roll 2 6-sided die, over time the outcomes and probabilities are absolutely predictable. Right now what is predictable is NYR have a better chance of winning hockey games when Igor starts. It may be that things will regress to the mean, but for now there's no real choice but to find out.

May be a small sample .But they scouted this guy to be very good. Let's get a bigger sample. Because since there is not much chance of the Rangers inscribing their names on anything this June, find out right now as much as you can if Igor can be The Guy. There's Huska, Linbolm and Wall also on the way; find out as much as you can about this guy today.

Objectively Igor is better with the puck, faster side to side, better glove hand that Lundqvist. May be he has given up a 5 hole hole goal, but so far don't recall one.And Lundqvist has had the uncanny habits of giving up early goals and back-breaking goals. And further a 37/38 year old goalie is probably not getting better with age.He is not the future; Igor may be.

True that defensively NYR are often bad. And if you can clog the neutral zone, or defense their 2 big players, offensively they struggle.

But people throw around "crapshoot" as totally random. It is not. If you roll 2 6-sided die, over time the outcomes and probabilities are absolutely predictable. Right now what is predictable is NYR have a better chance of winning hockey games when Igor starts. It may be that things will regress to the mean, but for now there's no real choice but to find out. May be a small sample But they scouted this guy to be very good. Let's get a bigger sample. Because since there is not much chance of the Rangers inscribing their names on anything this June, find out right now as much as you can if Igor can be The Guy. There's Huska, Linbolm and Wall also on the way; find out as much as you can about this guy today.

Objectively Igor is better with the puck, faster side to side, better glove hand that Lundqvist. May be he has given up a 5 hole hole goal, but so far don't recall one.And Lundqvist has had the uncanny habits of giving up early goals and back-breaking goals. And further a 37/38 year old goalie is probably not getting better with age.

Interesting point on the die and regression

I think the issue is I'm having a different conversation than the rest of you.

I thin Igor is a great goalie. He's clearly the future. He's played 6 NHL games and the praise being heaped on him is not commensurate with his performance when you dig into the numbers. He's only played at home and has ordinary numbers against 2 good teams, and great numbers vs 4 bad teams.

It's the same type of stuff we go through as a board when you draft Kakko at #2 and spend all summer reading about how nasty he is... And then poof... Pedestrian rookie year.

People want to rush the hype. "6 games and he's already the best goalie!"

Holy Christ have some patience and let him earn the accolades he's sure to get over his career.

Interesting point on the die and regression

I think the issue is I'm having a different conversation than the rest of you.

I thin Igor is a great goalie. He's clearly the future. He's played 6 NHL games and the praise being heaped on him is not commensurate when you dig into the numbers.

It's the same type of stuff we go through as a board when you draft Kakko at #2 and spend all summer reading about how nasty he is... And then poof... Pedestrian rookie year.

People want to rush the hype. "6 games and he's already the best goalie!"

Holy Christ have some patience and let him earn the accolades he's sure to get over his career.

Fair;we may be having a different conversation. Not saying cast Igor in bronze in Toronto today and throw Lundqvist out with the recycling. But Igor isn't a kid. For the development of the franchise, incumbent to find out as much as you can by playing him a great deal right now. So far, so good. But this is a small sample, and NYR's flaws aren't going away.

Fair;we may be having a different conversation. Not saying cast Igor in bronze in Toronto today and throw Lundqvist out with the recycling. But Igor isn't a kid. For the development of the franchise, incumbent to find out as much as you can by playing him a great deal right now. So far, so good. But this is a small sample, and NYR's flaws aren't going away.
Yes, I agree with this.

After savoring an early PM dine-out with all 6 of the girls, my honey bunny and I retired to the comfy nook provided by our secluded den. Switched on the GIGANTIC Hi-Def super quality, sharp as a tack, stereo TV! Boy, it sure enhanced the true aspects of this game. Watched the much maligned #24 score his 8th goal, which, BTW, turned out to be the game winner. This game, imo, was one of his best. #33 played another heads up game and looks to me as good a 4th liner as any. A complete reversal from the previous outing. All players contributed positively, imo. To the dismay of many " fans ", this team is gradually finding its identity and, if management doesn't read this forum's posts, doesn't panic and sees the bright side of keeping it all together, they just may make the playoffs. If not, at least a good run in trying. Up coming road rip is a vital determination. I'm, as always A complete optimist. Many here seem to relish the fact that the NYR stumble and bumble periodically. All teams do. I will always be a Y*A*Y*S*A*Y*E*R. I'll leave it up to the moaners and groaners to carp & harp about nonsensical theories, statistics, corsi #'s, goals per shots, salary caps, ages, who's good, who's bad, overpaid, too old, past his prime, or which goalie should stay and play, ad nauseum. On to Winnipeg and a re-union for #8. Bye, bye kiddies. See ya' when you all T.G. :cheers: