• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will the Rangers Call Up After the Trade Deadline?

Depends who they trade. I know for certain I would not call up Kravtsov though. He needs to prove more in the A. His opt out earlier this year really set him back in my opinion.

If they actually did trade DeAngelo, then you gotta call Keane up.

If they did trade Skjei, then you've gotta call Hajek or Rykov up. Maybe both if they pressbox Staal.

Depends who they trade. I know for certain I would not call up Kravtsov though. He needs to prove more in the A. His opt out earlier this year really set him back in my opinion.

If they did trade Skjei, then you've gotta call Hajek or Rykov up. Maybe both if they pressbox Staal.

Yeah, I agree. I think they need to use that opportunity to get a good 10 game look to see what they have on the left side and if Hajek & Rykov are part of the future.

Yeah, it all depends. If a D isn't moved, they won't have any of their D prospects come up.

I could see Kravstov getting some time, pump his tires a little. But if not, I won't be upset. I bet Lettieri comes up to play 4th line minutes again. Guy's useless in the NHL but he's played well this season in the A and probably deserves it.

I know that the trade deadline, the end of the college hockey season and the KHL season all fall on different dates but I?m gonna go for broke and say we end up signing 1 or 2 college free agents and/or KHL players and putting them right into the lineup as a way of getting them to sign here and burning off a year, kind of what LV did with Gusev or we did when we signed Thomas Pock way back when.

But truthfully I can see us bringing up Nieves, Gettinger and Fogarty.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I know that the trade deadline, the end of the college hockey season and the KHL season all fall on different dates but I’m gonna go for broke and say we end up signing 1 or 2 college free agents and/or KHL players and putting them right into the lineup as a way of getting them to sign here and burning off a year, kind of what LV did with Gusev or we did when we signed Thomas Pock way back when.

But truthfully I can see us bringing up Nieves, Gettinger and Fogarty.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Man I really really hope not.

The guys without much future, most likely. HFD is making the playfoffs, so it'd be wise of the Rangers to lend them every waivers-exempt player they have. That means Kakko, Chytil, Howden, Lindgren, Fox, and Shesterkin.

Yeah. I have to agree with this strategy. When is the deadline for players to be in Hartford in order to be eligible?

I agree it would be cool to see those guys all go down and hopefully drive a deep playoff run. However I don't see them sending guys down for the first time this year like (Kakko, Howden Fox). I think Chytil will stay up too, Shesterkin would stay up if they moved Georgiev. Lindgren I would 100% send down. I could see Shesterkin possibly going down if Georgiev isn't moved.

Now would it be more valuable in the long run for Chytil, Kakko, Howden, Lindgren and Shesterkin to go down yes imo but they probably will not make all those moves.

Right about Kravtsov, I watch all the Wolfpack games (some in person) and he's definitely not ready.