• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#53) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // This One's for Duane

Phil

What worries me the most is you can't teach that imo. Yeah he's young............

I’m just hoping it’s a product of feeling intimidated a bit rather than anything else. What’s a shame is that we finally get to draft someone scouted as NHL ready and he’s clearly not. His saving grace is that Hughes hasn’t panned out yet either and he’s also not being crucified because the same media that might want to probably were writing articles months ago about can’t miss, elite, 5 tool, etc. They have to keep quiet for now rather than having their own words thrown back at them.

I just don’t see how it’s in his best interests to be here right now. What happens if this remains the same all year and first quarter of next year after the summer off? Surely sending him down then, say like mid holiday season next year, is a bigger blow to his psyche than it would be now where he goes into the offseason with a bit more understanding while developing the rest of this year in the A.

You cannot play in the NHL with that passiveness on defense. Not unless you are dominating so much offensively that the opposition rarely gets an opportunity. Every shift right now he is out there might as well be considered short handed because he’s doing nothing. It boggles my mind how they are allowing this to unfold this way.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Quinn likes how he practices lol

I?m just hoping it?s a product of feeling intimidated a bit rather than anything else. What?s a shame is that we finally get to draft someone scouted as NHL ready and he?s clearly not. His saving grace is that Hughes hasn?t panned out yet either and he?s also not being crucified because the same media that might want to probably were writing articles months ago about can?t miss, elite, 5 tool, etc. They have to keep quiet for now rather than having their own words thrown back at them.

I just don?t see how it?s in his best interests to be here right now. What happens if this remains the same all year and first quarter of next year after the summer off? Surely sending him down then, say like mid holiday season next year, is a bigger blow to his psyche than it would be now where he goes into the offseason with a bit more understanding while developing the rest of this year in the A.

You cannot play in the NHL with that passiveness on defense. Not unless you are dominating so much offensively that the opposition rarely gets an opportunity. Every shift right now he is out there might as well be considered short handed because he?s doing nothing. It boggles my mind how they are allowing this to unfold this way.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Starts the game on the 4th line, plays his best game in awhile, moved up to the 2nd line, coach puts him out there in place of Buch with the goalie pulled, draws a penalty, and gets an assist on the PP goal. People still complain.

Ranger fans gonna Ranger fan.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

Starts the game on the 4th line, plays his best game in awhile, moved up to the 2nd line, coach puts him out there in place of Buch with the goalie pulled, draws a penalty, and gets an assist on the PP goal. People still complain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

agree,how old is he

Or maybe just some have watched a large body of his work this season. Not sure what “ranger fans gonna ranger fans” means. No one is saying he’s a flop, bust, or trade him. Just he does things on a nightly basis that make it obviously he’s not ready. I don’t see how saying “started off on the. 4th line and moved up to the 2nd line” is something positive. He’s starting off on the 4th because he’s just not ready to play regular minutes.

Have you watched him all season in his own zone ? It’s cringe worthy. He will develop more either watching a bit or getting more quality time in the A than here. I didn’t get to see much of tonight’s game but I’d never base my opinion on one single game where the player trends either way. I’m talking full season. It’s.....not good.

Nice final push ... But does anyone still think we're making the Playoffs?

This game had a bit of a nail in the coffin feeling. If there was ever a game to point to and say "this is why we are selling", this was it. Still 9 points back and lost one of their 2 games in hand. Buffalo was on a back to back and just lost to shitty Detroit last night in Buffalo. They came into MSG and shut a rested Rangers team down. Gross.

Some guys want to see what they want to see. Kakko was very good tonight. He made a lot of things happen, took the body well along the boards and controlled the puck. Best game in a while.

Kakko took the body where? Now that's funny.

Kakko played his way down to the 4th line early and only moved up after DiWhatever went off at one point. Otherwise he may of stuck there. I'm sorry he's just a terrible NHL level player at this point. One dimensional at best and he's not even delivering there. He made a decent play at one point cutting to the goal, got knocked down and got a shot off going down, then proceed to take his sweet ass time even getting up admiring the shot I guess with the puck was off to the side of the goal. His line changes are like he's strolling through the park consistently gliding, it's crazy.

I guess him being 18 prevents him from actually being productive, ok I've got it now. Turns out his highlight of the year was a goal in the preseason rookie tournament. He brings nothing at this stage. Maybe down the road but not now and not even a little.

Or maybe just some have watched a large body of his work this season. Not sure what ?ranger fans gonna ranger fans? means. No one is saying he?s a flop, bust, or trade him. Just he does things on a nightly basis that make it obviously he?s not ready. I don?t see how saying ?started off on the. 4th line and moved up to the 2nd line? is something positive. He?s starting off on the 4th because he?s just not ready to play regular minutes.

Have you watched him all season in his own zone ? It?s cringe worthy. He will develop more either watching a bit or getting more quality time in the A than here. I didn?t get to see much of tonight?s game but I?d never base my opinion on one single game where the player trends either way. I?m talking full season. It?s.....not good.

You don't see how starting on the 4th line and being moved up is a positive? Do you think Quinn makes changes to the lines without talking to the players? Especially the players under 21? You don't think Quinn told him why he was putting him on the fourth line and what he wanted to see to move back up? Maybe Kakko delivered what the coach asked for to get moved up?

No that can't be it. As that other guy said Kakko got put on the 2nd line in the 3rd period because a 3rd liner went to the locker room for a minute in the second period.

He's 18. There's ups and downs. Tonight was an up. Take a break for complaining.

Yeah, I didnt watch the entire game, but when I watched he was playing good. Had a couple of nice plays in the O-zone and I see he got an assist after I turned off.

He?s 18 ffs, he?s no McDavid, but he?s fine. He?ll get ~30 points this season, 50 next and after that he?ll be one hell of a player.

Shit game tho, playoffs are never happening. Trade Kreider and start planning for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You don't see how starting on the 4th line and being moved up is a positive? Do you think Quinn makes changes to the lines without talking to the players? Especially the players under 21? You don't think Quinn told him why he was putting him on the fourth line and what he wanted to see to move back up? Maybe Kakko delivered what the coach asked for to get moved up?

No that can't be it. As that other guy said Kakko got put on the 2nd line in the 3rd period because a 3rd liner went to the locker room for a minute in the second period.

He's 18. There's ups and downs. Tonight was an up. Take a break for complaining.

How about this. I'll post how I see fit. You do the same. World still spins round and round. You can give it a rest telling me how to post here. Just as easily, you can move on from what I say if my complaining rubs you the wrong way.

No I don't see how starting the game on the 4th line to be moved back onto a line he should have been anyway as progress. I see it is lateral and he's a professional athlete. He knows starting on the teams worst limited minute line is a form of demotion. Every pro athlete knows that if they are accustomed to playing more vital roles.

Besides,, what, exactly is the problem with thinking that maybe a rest or some time in the A is probably better for development than starting nhl games on the 4th line? He's so pedestrian sometimes out there on defense that im surprised he hasn't hurt himself or someone else by an overly aggressive forecheck where he is a pedestrian. Literally in the Toronto game he was wandering while the Leafs were swarming. It's not good at all and it occurs nearly every game.

• Like 1

Me and my honey munchkin are ready to go! We have our matching Rangers slippers and KK jerseys on; sipping hot cocoas next to the fire while we wait for the Rangers to toast those Sabres from crappy Buffalo! Enjoy the game my fellow yaysayers; naysayers can let the door hit em where the good lord split em! T.G.

Typical UNORIGINAL post. Try coming up with something on your own. You & your honey munchkin surely brought good fortune to the NYR playing " crappy " Buffalo. Did you T.G. as prescribed? Didn't think so. See ya' around the campus... H.F!

They talk like NYR fans; act like complete NAYSAYERS... which they are. Can't ever see the bright side of things.

How about this. I'll post how I see fit. You do the same. World still spins round and round. You can give it a rest telling me how to post here. Just as easily, you can move on from what I say if my complaining rubs you the wrong way.

No I don't see how starting the game on the 4th line to be moved back onto a line he should have been anyway as progress. I see it is lateral and he's a professional athlete. He knows starting on the teams worst limited minute line is a form of demotion. Every pro athlete knows that if they are accustomed to playing more vital roles.

Besides,, what, exactly is the problem with thinking that maybe a rest or some time in the A is probably better for development than starting nhl games on the 4th line? He's so pedestrian sometimes out there on defense that im surprised he hasn't hurt himself or someone else by an overly aggressive forecheck where he is a pedestrian. Literally in the Toronto game he was wandering while the Leafs were swarming. It's not good at all and it occurs nearly every game.

More of the same B.S.

3 breakaways... 3 goals! Jimmy Vesey gets redemption with the game winner & an assist... Lites out performance by their goalie with 37 saves.. Poor performance in general, especially by the top guns... usual goofs... K.K. a bright spot, altho' many want him demoted @ 18. Fox looking better & better... #33 played a good game and may earn himself a permanent place if he keeps it up... My sweetheart of many moons and I enjoyed rooting for the B.I.B. as we usually do... Looking' forward to Sunday and a possible victory over Martinez & Co. Ciao, ciao baby...Until my next contribution I remind you to T.G.

This team had to stack a line with their best players to mount a last minute comeback attempt vs one of the worst teams in the NHL.

Think about that. Let it sink in.

I won't argue if Kakko was good or bad, I saw him do some good things and some Kakko things. But what really matters is that even if you think he had a solid game, it was against an AHL level team + Eichel.

There's no stronger argument that he should finish the season in the A, on a positive note, rather than play out the string here.

This team had to stack a line with their best players to mount a last minute comeback attempt vs one of the worst teams in the NHL.

Think about that. Let it sink in.

I won't argue if Kakko was good or bad, I saw him do some good things and some Kakko things. But what really matters is that even if you think he had a solid game, it was against an AHL level team + Eichel.

There's no stronger argument that he should finish the season in the A, on a positive note, rather than play out the string here.

Ah, so the name Kakko means "bad" now. Nice.

This is the kind of bullshit that I knew was gonna happen when the Rangers decided to rebuild. Everyone waited a solid half season before they started getting whiny about this player and that player and, oh the 18 year old kid.

Kakko just had one of the best games of his very short NHL career and all you can do is undercut it with "well actually" bullshit reasons why it wasn't impressive.

Give me a break.

This is the kind of bullshit that I knew was gonna happen when the Rangers decided to rebuild. Everyone waited a solid half season before they started getting whiny about this player and that player and, oh the 18 year old kid.

Kakko just had one of the best games of his very short NHL career and all you can do is undercut it with "well actually" bullshit reasons why it wasn't impressive.

Give me a break.

its ridiculous how some fans are turning on a 18 year old who should be still in high school ,and is playing against the world best hockey players.

his speed and strength hasnt caught up to his big body yet

Give me a break.

Kakko things means normal Kakko play which to this point has been unspectacular. Not sure how anyone can argue this.

Your rant would be warranted if I called him a bust or a waste of a pick. I said an 18 year old player who're clearly struggling at the NHL level should go the the AHL, especially after the team starts selling. You completely over reacted.

The Oilers' Kailer Yamamoto is a perfect example of a player needing some time, as this is his third year and he still wasn't ready so they sent him to the AHL after struggling mightily ... brought him back and he's now a key part of the best 2nd line in hockey. He's 21.

Why is sending an 18 year old player to the AHL considered insulting, to you?

its ridiculous how some fans are turning on a 18 year old who should be still in high school ,and is playing against the world best hockey players.

his speed and strength hasnt caught up to his big body yet

Which is why he should be in the AHL.