• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Would Be "Foolish Not to Listen" to Offers on Jacob Trouba

Phil

2. Remember how the Rangers were committed to moving the-then 27-year-old Derek Stepan before his no-trade clause kicked in on July 1, 2017? Stepan had completed two seasons of his six-year, $39 million deal when he was traded to the Coyotes on draft day for the seventh-overall selection and Tony DeAngelo.

Well, Jacob Trouba?s no-move clause kicks in on July 1, and management would be foolish not to listen if there are inquiries into the 25-year-old defenseman (26 in three weeks) before then.

The fact is, if he isn?t already, Adam Fox is going to be the Rangers? No. 1 right defenseman lickety-split. He will be on his entry-level deal worth $925,000 per through 2021-22. Trouba is making $8 million per.

And depending upon Nils Lundkvist?s trajectory, could the Blueshirts present a right side the next five years featuring Fox, Tony DeAngelo ? whose typically brilliant pass set up Filip Chytil for a far post tap-in against Toronto ? and the Swede, who will turn 20 on July 27?

Probably not.

So the Rangers need more from Trouba, who has been erratic and skittish through his first year in New York.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/06/henrik-lundqvists-rangers-prophecy-is-on-the-brink-of-coming-true/

Legit concern and opportunity at the same time. Q? Is it our system that has limited his effectiveness? I?m just asking. It doesn?t seem to be hurting Breadman in a negative or limiting way, but he?s on offense.

Our D needs a make-over. Some of it is talent but I have to think much rests on our system of play. At this point I?d much rather jettison Skeij.

I was literally just thinking about this earlier and it's a terrible idea. Putting ADA or Fox in the 1RD spot isn't the right move.

Let Trouba eat those minutes at a slightly inflated salary.

No, I didn't read anything. I'm reacting first. I'll read later!

I get he's had a rough start here, but I think it's system more than him. He spent half the season dragging Skjei's carcass around, and when he was paired with Lindgren or whatever bizarro-Skjei we've been seeing recently, he's been fierce.

Having a defenseman with a booming shot, decent playmaking ability, and a heck of a nasty streak? Yeah, I'm on board. Points will come.

• Like 1

I was literally just thinking about this earlier and it's a terrible idea. Putting ADA or Fox in the 1RD spot isn't the right move.

Let Trouba eat those minutes at a slightly inflated salary.

No, I didn't read anything. I'm reacting first. I'll read later!

There's not much to read. It's a half baked idea. Likely ghost written by Pete.

• Like 1

I get he's had a rough start here, but I think it's system more than him. He spent half the season dragging Skjei's carcass around, and when he was paired with Lindgren or whatever bizarro-Skjei we've been seeing recently, he's been fierce.

Having a defenseman with a booming shot, decent playmaking ability, and a heck of a nasty streak? Yeah, I'm on board. Points will come.

I don't even care about the points. We don't need points when ADA and Fox are lighting up the score sheet. Give me a mean minutes eater and I'm happy.

I think Yrouba has been as advertised. This is how he plays. A little inconsistent, not reliable offensively, and a big hit once a month. Still 25, and you hope during the next 2 seasons he continues to develop, like the rest of the defense.

As mentioned by G1000, his biggest problem has been his partner.

It’s only because of his cap which is ridiculous considering how young he is and how they believe in him. The further emergence of our other D only enhances Trouba so he doesn’t have to get worn down Like McD did here.

Staal and Smith both need to go, along with Hank to put us in a very prosperous situation.

agreed. they aren't pulling an OBJ, signing him only to move him.

I think he gets a bad rap on this board and everywhere else. first time he's played the 1d and being paired with Skej doesn't help. Last game he took no shit after that bullshit xcheck by hyman and promptly tuned him up.

He's part of the answer here folks. I get everyone is looking for us to make moves and we most likely will.

I just don't think Ranger Mgmt. brought this guy here only to move him. the no move clause seems to be nothing more than a check to see if he is a disaster which he surely is not.