• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A More Forceful Decision Is Needed With Lundqvist

Keirik

I think the message they're giving him is pretty forceful.

Shesterkin is the undisputed number 1, and Georgie needs the games. He's a bit part player at this point.

It might be a slightly passive aggressive way of doing it, but they're being very clear that he is now a part of the past.

I think that's obvious and he knows that.

What's unclear is if they're playing Georgie to trade him. Quinn says Shesty was healthy and could have played, but then played Georgie back to back over the weekend. Why? Showcase is what I'd say. One of the knocks on Geo is lack of body of work.

We may know more after the deadline, or the draft.

I think there's probably a 3% chance you see him bough out.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's obvious and he knows that.

What's unclear is if they're playing Georgie to trade him. Quinn says Shesty was healthy and could have played, but then played Georgie back to back over the weekend. Why? Showcase is what I'd say. One of the knocks on Geo is lack of body of work.

We may know more after the deadline, or the draft.

I think there's probably a 3% chance you see him bough out.

He knew it was coming, but I think the speed with which he's been reduced to a spare part and the lack of fanfare in doing so has been surprising to most people, Henrik included.

He knew it was coming, but I think the speed with which he's been reduced to a spare part and the lack of fanfare in doing so has been surprising to most people, Henrik included.

Depends on if they said "we're going to sit you because we need to play Geo in order to trade Geo".

I find it hard to believe there was a conversation that transpired where they say "We're scratching you this year, and next", and Lundqvist doesn't ask to be moved.

Has it been that fast though? He only has 1 year left on his contract. If we thought his role would reduce it wouldn't have been any later than next season, unless the hope was he would be valuable throughout the contract and possibly re-signing on 1 year deals afterwards.

I think it's just tough to recognize the end as a Ranger, especially when he can still play at the NHL level.

Has it been that fast though? He only has 1 year left on his contract. If we thought his role would reduce it wouldn't have been any later than next season, unless the hope was he would be valuable throughout the contract and possibly re-signing on 1 year deals afterwards.

I think it's just tough to recognize the end as a Ranger, especially when he can still play at the NHL level.

I dunno. I think his situation has changed very fast since Shesterkin was called up.

He's gone from the grand old man with a clearly defined role to not really having a role at all. I'm not sure anyone saw this coming this season. I'm not against it at all, I'm just making the point that, in context of this thread, the message has been pretty damn clear.

Anyone caught the pre game thing with Milbury and Jones ? Milbury just kept going on about Lundqvist. Saying stuff like it?s time to go, Lundqvist should ask for a trade, if I were him I?d want out, it must be tough dressing for every game and sitting there on the bench watching these 2 young kids playing so well, he?s being disrespected. These no shame in asking out, Bourque left and won the cup in Colorado, he?s still loved in Boston( as he looked at Jones).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Anyone caught the pre game thing with Milbury and Jones ? Milbury just kept going on about Lundqvist. Saying stuff like it’s time to go, Lundqvist should ask for a trade, if I were him I’d want out, it must be tough dressing for every game and sitting there on the bench watching these 2 young kids playing so well, he’s being disrespected. These no shame in asking out, Bourque left and won the cup in Colorado, he’s still loved in Boston( as he looked at Jones).

Even though it was Milbury, yeah...I did hear that whole thing, and for the first time ever I actually agreed with him.

I know what you mean, what you?re saying. Everytime we play on that channel you can tell Milbury and Jones completely hate our team. But yeah, Milbury has such an attitude, he?s so opinionated and loud. Whomever is with him whether is Liam McCue, Jones, Boucher?they just look at him while he goes on his rants. It?s like watching Brian Burke on the NHL network.

rangers are fucking with Henke by making him get dressed and watch games from the bench.
I don't think that's the case either. Why risk one of the young guys phyche in a game the other one most likely got pulled from because of poor performance? Hank is better suited for that role than the other 2 right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't think that's the case either. Why risk one of the young guys phyche in a game the other one most likely got pulled from because of poor performance? Hank is better suited for that role than the other 2 right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

why would they dress him instead of Georgie/Shesty if they know he's not going to get played unless the starting goalie gets pulled? it seems they pretty much made the decision that Henke isn't playing, unless Georgie gets traded