• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buffalo Sabres Fan Has Emotional Rant on Local Radio Show

Phil

On Wednesday, Schoop and the Bulldog, a Buffalo radio show on WGR 550, had one caller unload decades of suffering as a Sabres fan in a couple quick minutes.

In a short amount of time, the caller ? named Duane ? was able summarize his feelings on the Pegula family and the overall ownership of the team he has supported for so long.

?I have so many great moments to talk about with this hockey team, and I just ? I?m surprised the organization remembered to wish Dominik Hasek a Happy Birthday today, I?ll put it that way,? Duane continued with raised passion.

?It?s mind-boggling how we?ve fallen this far. I was cautiously optimistic coming into this season, because I wasn?t fully expected playoffs, but I was happy with how the season started because the competitiveness was there.?

?I don?t need a Jerry Jones-type of owner,? Duane said. ?I need an owner who is going to answer the fans when they misspell names on jerseys and have [imported] knockoffs at alumni [events]. What is going on?! Like, what are we doing?!?

https://sports.yahoo.com/buffalo-sabres-fan-has-emotional-rant-on-local-radio-show-224036558.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHwTgs735uW6O74E2PrCVa1vyEPNYwRevyUohGul-D8bsqd6u3enLo5p58IKZ0V7gLfSFJqVagPYZQLahuYp9PNa4VHhgCnIgIcgZXeBsdlosDFb9nDsVeT5OooOvwyxuhdw5etI4no7dsIoYJzZ15J-f74WwesCMO4YJVBcsavE

Rumor has it the Sabres have contacted Sportsnet to take down the 31 Thoughts piece on the Sabres sucking and contacted this radio station to take down this call-in. Bad look.

I could totally see them overpaying on a goaltender this off-season.

Robin Lehner about to be the richest goalie in the league.