• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Seattle is Here: Release the Kraken!

Phil

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been cool if they called them Seattle Metropolitans, after their very first NHL team that played when the league first started. They actually won the Stanley Cup too. It would be like the Ottawa Senators, different franchise, but the same name as the original Ottawa Senators from yesteryear. I wasn't really expecting it, though. This name is fine, I suppose.

It would have been cool if they called them Seattle Metropolitans, after their very first NHL team that played when the league first started. They actually won the Stanley Cup too. It would be like the Ottawa Senators, different franchise, but the same name as the original Ottawa Senators from yesteryear. I wasn't really expecting it, though. This name is fine, I suppose.

im down with Metropolitans. Sounds legit

Tex's NY Rangers were corporate sponsored, "NY Americans" weren't. How American.

And the Rangers is so great, they even have a major league baseball team with the same name. Any other team names represented in multiple team sports' highest level? Besides Kraken, obviously

Kings - NBA and NHL

Giants - MLB and NFL

Cardinals - MLB and NFL

Panthers - NFL and NHL

Ever see this movie in XXX version? HUGELY breasted women wrestling and beating the bejeezus out of one another before ending in a very messy and dirty lesbo scene.

*Note to Ozzy: Don't bother looking for it. I made it up. :rofl:

Now you tell me!! :rofl:

• 5 months later...

Josh vote: Seattle Swabs (pirates with hockey sticks)

Josh compromise: Seattle Sea Greens (kraken can be their mascot, emeralds their logo, green symbolizes the city movement) shit name, but probably better than the shit name they use

Probably: Seattle Sailors (howdy, mate!)

Color scheme awesome, logo great. Space Needle in the anchor on the shoulder is top notch finishing touch.

Only complaint is, if that logo wasn't sitting on a jersey I would think that S stood for snake.