• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Expect Rangers to Inquire About Jordan Greenway

Phil

Jordan Greenway has been toiling on the fourth line in Minnesota, and you had better believe the Rangers will be inquiring what it would take to acquire the 22-year-old, 6-foot-6 winger who thrived playing for David Quinn at Boston University.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/25/artemi-panarin-is-already-in-legendary-rangers-company/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Doesn't seem like a deadline deal. More like a Buch deal in June. With the Parise, Suter, Spurgeon, and Zucc contracts, they have serious long term cap problems. Same could be said of many teams, but MN more than most. MN definitely not a Kreider destination, or any other UFAs for that matter.

Doesn't seem like a deadline deal. More like a Buch deal in June. With the Parise, Suter, Spurgeon, and Zucc contracts, they have serious long term cap problems. Same could be said of many teams, but MN more than most. MN definitely not a Kreider destination, or any other UFAs for that matter.

Agree. Seems like a hockey deal in the summer. He's a 4th liner. Not sure why we'd be targeting that kind of player right now.

He's not a 4th liner. He's in the dog house right now.

Look at his stats. He's poised to double last year's output getting just around a minute more a game.

Fourth liners aren't playing 15 mins and getting around 35-40 points.

Agree. Seems like a hockey deal in the summer. He's a 4th liner. Not sure why we'd be targeting that kind of player right now.

He's not a 4th liner. He's in the dog house right now.

Look at his stats. He's poised to double last year's output getting just around a minute more a game.

Fourth liners aren't playing 15 mins and getting around 35-40 points.

Yeah, agreed. Greenway's just in a bad spot.

Classic buy low candidate. Familiarity with Quinn, size up front to replace Kreider, has talent, stuck in Minnesota.

Might just be Minnesota looking to get an extra draft pick at the draft.

That?s kind of interesting in that going back to the opinion piece written by Jeb Baggart in the hockey writers .com where one of the teams listed as having interest in Georgiev?-Ottawa, listed Logan Brown and a pick ( Ottawa has 2-1st and 3-2nd Rd picks) for Georgiev. Logan Brown being 21 yrs old 6?6?. Taking it a little further, imagine a 4th line of Greenway?Brown?Gettinger, all listed at 6?6?.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Can figure out how to edit the last post on my phone but how and in what way would this guy replace Kreider and what he brings? Not saying it's worth signing 20 to a big deal but other than possibly taking Kreider's roster spot I don't see him as a replacement. Not even a little.

Can figure out how to edit the last post on my phone but how and in what way would this guy replace Kreider and what he brings? Not saying it's worth signing 20 to a big deal but other than possibly taking Kreider's roster spot I don't see him as a replacement. Not even a little.

Yeah, agreed. He can stand in front of the net because he's big, but it doesn't make him Kreider in front of the net. He's also slow as shit. The anti-Kreider.

Replace his size.

Probably not the speed, or the hands, or whatever.

https://theathletic.com/516285/2018/09/10/custance-what-observers-think-of-wild-prospect-jordan-greenway?source=shared-article

Size, skill, smarts. Good speed. Not Kreider speed but since Kreider only uses it half the time, not a real loss.

If you can get a 22 year old LW who's pacing around 35 points with no PP, not sure why you wouldn't grab him.

I also don't see why people think you need to replace every facet of Kreider's game. Just replace the production. Greenway + Chytil / Kakko / Krav all getting better this team isn't missing Kreider IMO.

https://theathletic.com/516285/2018/09/10/custance-what-observers-think-of-wild-prospect-jordan-greenway?source=shared-article

I also don't see why people think you need to replace every facet of Kreider's game. Just replace the production. Greenway + Chytil / Kakko / Krav all getting better this team isn't missing Kreider IMO.

Look at the Isles losing JT. I'm sure they thought they needed to replace his production but would ya know....they made due. Pretty well too. Addition by subtraction.