• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kakko Opens Up About Rookie Season Challenges: 'It's not so easy'

Phil

Maybe I’ve dreamt this, but I could swear he looked totally at home in the first 10-15 games?

It’s probably a combination of confidence and the physical toll of playing in the NHL. Playing in Liiga doesn’t even remotely prepare you for that.

He had a really strong period where he potted most of his points. Kakko has proven to live and die with his confidence. If he's scoring goals, he feels confident and keeps scoring goals. If he's not, he's not. It's kind of a chicken or the egg scenario.

I think he's been good the last couple of games and I expect him to be solid when he returns after visiting his family. I really don't think enough has been made about that. Most 18 year olds live with their own family when they come over -- hell Ovi STILL might live with his mom.

With the end of the season in sight, I think he'll have a little burst here and finish strong.

Sounds like the kid gets it now. This offseason he can get stronger, work on his skating, and speeding up his decision making. 18, limited English, smaller ice surface with more physical players. Easy to see there would be an adjustment period.

Def needs to work on his skating.. it?s not no quality

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk