• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Derek Jeter and Larry Walker Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame

Abe Froman

Shortstop Derek Jeter and outfielder Larry Walker were elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame on Tuesday.

Jeter's induction has long been considered a foregone conclusion since the Yankees' captain retired after the 2014 seasons. It was his first year of Hall eligibility and he garnered all but one of the 397 votes cast by the Baseball Writers' Association of America. Jeter just missed joining teammate and 2019 Hall inductee Mariano Rivera as unanimous choices. It was not immediately known which voter didn't choose Jeter

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28533311/derek-jeter-larry-walker-elected-baseball-hall-fame

Colorado effect.

Not really, his splits are really good. It's not like Jeter was playing in Oakland. Yankee stadium, Fenway, Camden and Skydome are all launch pads.

Anyways, I hope it was the Marlins beat guy that didn't vote for him.

That's another excellent point. Take away the last couple of juice years, he was still the best OF'er in the NL for over a decade.

Clemens, too. Both Clemens and Bond were literally as good as Walker and Jeter combined, according to WAR.

Funny, all the GM's use this stat.

I was trolling you. I don't know what that stat is, and IDGAF about baseball.

But Jeter is a HoFer and deserves Gold Gloves not necessarily because of range but making plays that other SS weren't making at the time. Over the shoulder catches, going to his right, backhand, jumping throw back to the left.

I know you're a Jays fan, but c'mon.

I don’t understand why so many people are in an uproar that it wasn’t unanimous. Who gives a fuck, he’s in and lucky to have played for the Yankees. If he had those stats with any other teams, minus the championships, he’s not even considered.

He's HOF regardless of jersey. 3k hits, and a .300+ avg to boot, always gets you in. He had almost 3500 hits. Lock.

I'd argue he wasn't unanimous simply because of the jersey.

GOAT

Dude, I like Jeter and I’m glad he got in, but no way. He isn’t the greatest short stop of all time. He’ll, he wasn’t even the greatest short stop of his era or on his team. A-Rod, whom I hate, was a better hitter, better fielding short stop. 3200 hits, 700 homers, .295 average, etc.

Jeter was just way more likable, clutch as can be and wasn’t marred by steroid abuse. But pound for pound, by stats, Arod was the better short stop.

Dude, I like Jeter and I’m glad he got in, but no way. He isn’t the greatest short stop of all time. He’ll, he wasn’t even the greatest short stop of his era or on his team. A-Rod, whom I hate, was a better hitter, better fielding short stop. 3200 hits, 700 homers, .295 average, etc.

Jeter was just way more likable, clutch as can be and wasn’t marred by steroid abuse. But pound for pound, by stats, Arod was the better short stop.

Sure thing. Thumbs up for seriously taking a stupid term that everyone calls every athlete they like :rolleyes:

I don’t understand why so many people are in an uproar that it wasn’t unanimous. Who gives a fuck, he’s in and lucky to have played for the Yankees. If he had those stats with any other teams, minus the championships, he’s not even considered.

What planet are you on that u think the guy doesn’t make it to the HOF in any uniform that finished with the 6th most hits in the history of a sport that goes back over 100 years?