• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Realistic Prices on Long-Term Deals for Strome and DeAngelo?

RangersIn7

problem is that these players had comparable numbers to ADA after they signed their contracts. also most of them were minus players when signed their contract, meaning the teams are paying for their offensive production, not so much for their defense.

Hamilton signed his $5.75M a year after scoring 40 points

Barrie--after scoring 49 points

Krug--44 points

Josi--signed in 2013 after scoring 18 points in 48 games

ADA will surpass all of them in scoring (barring injuries) and we're few years later. the cap has grown also. so I do not believe it is unreasonable that he might get $7M per if it is a long term contract.

Well as I said, I think what hurts ADA is that it’s his first year of doing it really after subpar few years and toiling in Arizona. If this was his second year in the NHL he’d been looking at a different ballgame. I also still believe he gets a short term deal of 2-3 years as I said. I don’t think either side goes long term unless the Rangers blow him out of the water . I dont think they are looking to do this when they can wait 2-3 years and see what life is like then.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as I said, I think what hurts ADA is that it’s his first year of doing it really after subpar few years and toiling in Arizona. If this was his second year in the NHL he’d been looking at a different ballgame. I also still believe he gets a short term deal of 2-3 years as I said. I don’t think either side goes long term unless the Rangers blow him out of the water . I dont think they are looking to do this when they can wait 2-3 years and see what life is like then.

I actually think they'll trade him

No! Unless it's a really good return

If they trade him, they do so in a hockey trade.

He could potentially bring back a top-6 kind of forward. Or maybe even a LD that’s more well rounded from a team that needs an offensive guy

And he’s probably more likely to get moved in the summer vs now

Definitely possible. I still wonder if they’ve approached both kreider and Ada to get a feel for the possibility of contract a few weeks before the deadline....

Per YardBarker 7 days ago no talks with Kreider.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/amp/no_extension_talks_yet_between_rangers_and_chris_kreider/s1_14825_31046051