• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does Pavel Buchnevich Need to be Dealt?

skjeitheday

Hence my comment about seeing if Chytil can find some similar chemistry. Do you want Howden centering the 3rd? I don't. Not yet at least.

So what's wrong with Chytil on the third and Strome on the 1A/1B, same as what you've got now? I hear a lot about Strome having a career year with Panarin but no one mentions Panarin having a career year with Strome, on arguably the worst team he's every played on.

I hope we're not reverting to the "homegrown" "play the kids now" mentality. That would be disappointing.

Whatever the case may be, I don't see Chytil as a center (pacing 14 assists over 82 games...Very Jeff Carter like) or as making enough progress to handle top line matchups as soon as next year. Thankfully he'll only be 21 when next season starts and has plenty of time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no reason to do that but if you're going to do that just get rid of Strome. He's already making what a 3rd liner should make and deserves a raise.

That said, this is exactly the kind of sentiment that leaves me scratching my head cuz it doesn't make sense. You have 2 players with chemistry and you're asking to break them up for no reason at all and move him to the third line when he's done nothing but produce.

Totally. If Chytil is killing it on the third line 3rd line next year, and you need to get him more minutes, put him on Mika's LW since CK is gone.

So what's wrong with Chytil on the third and Strome on the 1A/1B, same as what you've got now? I hear a lot about Strome having a career year with Panarin but no one mentions Panarin having a career year with Strome, on arguably the worst team he's every played on.

I hope we're not reverting to the "homegrown" "play the kids now" mentality. That would be disappointing.

Whatever the case may be, I don't see Chytil as a center (pacing 14 assists over 82 games...Very Jeff Carter like) or as making enough progress to handle top line matchups as soon as next year. Thankfully he'll only be 21 when next season starts and has plenty of time.

And yet you're still ignoring where I said "if he has comparable chemistry". Keep being condescending though.

Watching Columbus lat night, I think Panarin has simply been unleashed. I would think he has much more latitude on this club than his previous club.

I always want to go back to Renney hockey. Put Panarin with Zib and Kreider and let them do what they want. Everybody else can play a 1-2-2 because they have 1-2-2 talent.

And yet you're still ignoring where I said "if he has comparable chemistry". Keep being condescending though.

Because you've yet to clarify or explain why we should see if he has comparable chemistry.

There is literally no reason to do that, and then pay Strome to play on the third line.

Yeah, I still don't see Chytil as a C. He's gotten better to be sure, but he just looks like a slashing winger.

He's a little like Kreider was when he came in, with hands.

I think Chytil should stay a center if for one reason: there's a LOT of Mika Zibanejad in him. He's gonna struggle to be a "real" center for a bit, but when he figures it out, he'll be aces.

Probably a dumb idea since there is a known chemistry right now between Panarin and Strome and it might not be smart to interrupt that. However, I would love to see Chytil get some time with Panarin to see how they fair together. If there is some similar chemistry I wouldn't mind keeping Strome around for the 3C spot. Of course, that would play differently on how the Rangers would wanna pay him so that could become a problem all in itself. Also a conversation for the Strome thread rather than this one for Buch but I am just rolling with the present conversation.

Could try him on the wing... I definitely thought from the start, that Strome would have the job until Chytil took it from him. Strome has taken the ball and ran with it.

The reason you do it is because Strome might be more of a stop gap until Chytil matures (more). Then you let him go and give that money to Chytil. With the way Chytil is playing, he may be near that point now. So you see if he's got chemistry with Panarin and you can make a better decision about whether to allocate money to Strome or not. It might be obvious within a short time period whether Chytil/Panarin click or not.

I mean... Why break up what's working? It's not like Strome is some old guy either. Hes 26... Why can't he be a part of the future? What do they gain by scrapping obvious chemistry to try someone younger? Why mess with this?

Fuck it. Switch Zib to the wing and have Chytil center a line with him and Kreider...? No? But Chytil is younger and I want to see how he plays with Kreider and Zib.... LOL.

Strome at 5 million as the current # 2 center and possibly the future 3rd line center is just fine with me. Trust me. I've wanted to see Chytil play with some elite talent from the get go. But why force it when there is a guy playing at a PPG pace already there? How about we construct another scoring line as the 3rd line? Have actual forward depth...

But back to the thread. Maybe do as I suggested. Build another scoring line. Try Buch out there with Chytil, for a last shot. Make or break.

I'd totally be ok with cashing out early on him though. I think he could fetch value from a team looking for young wingers who need a change of scenery or just a different coach. There's some talent there. No doubt, but I'm tired of waiting. There was more hype behind this guy than there was behind Andersson.

If the Rangers are looking to get an NHL ready winger in return for Georgiev, I'd think the other team would like to take Buch as a stopgap, possible future piece...

I mean... Why break up what's working? It's not like Strome is some old guy either. Hes 26... Why can't he be a part of the future? What do they gain by scrapping obvious chemistry to try someone younger? Why mess with this?

Fuck it. Switch Zib to the wing and have Chytil center a line with him and Kreider...? No? But Chytil is younger and I want to see how he plays with Kreider and Zib.... LOL.

Strome at 5 million as the current # 2 center and possibly the future 3rd line center is just fine with me. Trust me. I've wanted to see Chytil play with some elite talent from the get go. But why force it when there is a guy playing at a PPG pace already there? How about we construct another scoring line as the 3rd line? Have actual forward depth...

I really thought I answered that question. If Chytil can do it as well or better, then you don't need to pay Strome. Only one guy can center Panarin, so essentially with Zib also centering a line, you effectively block Chytil.

Kid just needs some pucks to go in.

A little hot streak could still turn it around for him this year.

I know we expected more. I did at least.

But he’s still pacing for 40-45 points. Goal total is low for sure.

But at his age, for what he’s making, 40-45 points is fine.

People always mention shooting percentage being unsustainable when it’s freakishly high. Well his is very low right now.

Shooting at like 8.5% right now.

Career percentage in his first 3 seasons was 13.9.

Whatever else he’s going through, he’s clearly snake bit too. And fairly significantly based on those numbers

but it can be addition by subtraction, would free up cap space that the Rangers can potentially sign any of their RFA/UFA.

I agree Blue, but I think there are better places to free up cap space. I simply think that it's too early to give up on Buchnevich. He has talent, but he just a kid. He's only 3.25 mil for one more year. I think it's at least worth seeing what he brings for one more year before cutting him loose.

I'm still under the impression that the only free agents worth resigning after this season is Lemeiux for sure, who won't be a lot and is also Arbitration eligible, Strome, if the term and cost isn't terrible, and maybe Fast who shouldn't break the bank.

I'm willing to part with Kreider, D'Angelo, Georgiev, and the rest at the deadline for players, picks and solid prospects.

I really thought I answered that question. If Chytil can do it as well or better, then you don't need to pay Strome. Only one guy can center Panarin, so essentially with Zib also centering a line, you effectively block Chytil.

But who's going to do that? You don't break up a dominant line to see if a kid can do the job. You just don't do that. It's not even a thought in the coaches mind. MAYYYYBE he's thinking of who to put on the RW, to get them going. But not switching out the PPG player...

But who's going to do that? You don't break up a dominant line to see if a kid can do the job. You just don't do that. It's not even a thought in the coaches mind. MAYYYYBE he's thinking of who to put on the RW, to get them going. But not switching out the PPG player...

A coach who was brought in here to develop the young talent into the core for the next decade plus. It's not about this season.

A coach who was brought in here to develop the young talent into the core for the next decade plus. It's not about this season.
Except Quinn made it clear he's trying to win, too.

He's not shy about shuffling when players aren't performing. If you perform, you play.

It's funny how we're sometimes concerned with sending the right message to young players but it's OK to scratch or move a P/G player and not care about the message that sends (when it suits the personal vendetta).

Pick a swim lane.

Except Quinn made it clear he's trying to win, too.

He's not shy about shuffling when players aren't performing. If you perform, you play.

It's funny how we're sometimes concerned with sending the right message to young players but it's OK to scratch or move a P/G player and not care about the message that sends (when it suits the personal vendetta).

Pick a swim lane.

Quinn has benched players for not skating, hustling, or playing his way. I don't think Strome exemplified playing Quinn's way on the lazy bench change that cost the Rangers the game the other day. Benching him would have made a statement to the rest of the guys that no matter what your performance is on paper, you aren't above the basics that form the foundation of a legitimate contender. It's hard to see past unbounded love for a favorite player, but we must take a step back and be objective.

By the way, he isn't a P/G player. He's at a 73 pt pace playing with a guy on pace for 118. So, you know, there's that little hiccup before we start labeling him a P/G player in order to suit a personal infatuation.

Quinn has benched players for not skating, hustling, or playing his way. I don't think Strome exemplified playing Quinn's way on the lazy bench change that cost the Rangers the game the other day. Benching him would have made a statement to the rest of the guys that no matter what your performance is on paper, you aren't above the basics that form the foundation of a legitimate contender. It's hard to see past unbounded love for a favorite player, but we must take a step back and be objective.

By the way, he isn't a P/G player. He's at a 73 pt pace playing with a guy on pace for 118. So, you know, there's that little hiccup before we start labeling him a P/G player in order to suit a personal infatuation.

You bench players to send a message. If you don't think Strome knows he fucked up, then I don't know what to tell you. BTW, Strome has missed shifts this year when he's made mistakes.

LOL at the last sentence. You should know more than anyone about infaTROUBAtion.

I don't actually care if Strome never plays for a Ranger, but I'll always defend a player who's getting his job done, way over his paygrade when you whine incessantly over insignificant bullshit.

You bench players to send a message. If you don't think Strome knows he fucked up, then I don't know what to tell you. BTW, Strome has missed shifts this year when he's made mistakes.

LOL at the last sentence. You should know more than anyone about infaTROUBAtion.

I don't actually care if Strome never plays for a Ranger, but I'll always defend a player who's getting his job done, way over his paygrade when you whine incessantly over insignificant bullshit.

Are you still so salty about my bench Strome opinion from 3 or 4 days ago, one that I let die in that game thread, that you had to bring it into this thread multiple days later? Stop littering the board and following me like a puppy dog will ya?

Don't even know what the Trouba thing means either. Is that from the power rankings when I said he wasn't worse than Fast? That seems like common sense to me, but ok lol I have an infatuation with Trouba :rofl:

Are you still so salty about my bench Strome opinion from 3 or 4 days ago, one that I let die in that game thread, that you had to bring it into this thread multiple days later? Stop littering the board and following me like a puppy dog will ya?

Don't even know what the Trouba thing means either. Is that from the power rankings when I said he wasn't worse than Fast? That seems like common sense to me, but ok lol I have an infatuation with Trouba :rofl:

As you reply to almost every post of mine. Your infatuation is with me, not Trouba.

tenor.gif

Strome is 26!!! He's not old and should be considered as part of the future. I really don't see any coach splitting up a duo pacing what they are. Strome at age 26 is going at a PPG. Why not make that guy a core player?