• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#47) Rangers vs Columbus Blue Jackets // A Tussle with Torts

Phil

The Rangers played a very solid game tonight. They limited high quality scoring chances against a lot tonight. So I do not agree with your "half assed it 50 minutes" assessment. The difference was one player deciding that being lazy with 30 seconds left was a smart decision.

Statistically you may very well be correct. But chances you don't take advantage of early in the game cost you goals that you cannot get back later.We have seen that a lot this season. In a year or 2, when these young guys get experience, this doesn't happen. Coming to grips with as good as Zib and Panarin are, the team only is going very far until the young guys start seriously contributing; perils of being the youngest team in the NHL.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically you may very well be correct. But chances you don't take advantage of early in the game cost you goals that you cannot get back later.We have seen that a lot this season. In a year or 2, when these young guys get experience, this doesn't happen. Coming to grips with as good as Zib and Panarin are, the team only is going very far until the young guys start seriously contributing; perils of being the youngest team in the NHL.

Tight games like this come down to details like not skating hard on a single shift or being lazy on a change. The Rangers as a collective unit played hard and competitive for almost the entirety of the game. Saying they half-assed it for 50+ minutes is unfounded tonight and also is far different than acknowledging they couldn't bury 1 or 2 additional goals on the limited chances they had early on in the game. Your reasoning here doesn't really back up your statement.

Laughable to try and pin a loss on one play and not the entire sequence.

You can evaluate the entire sequence, as Quinn should too afterwards, but the sequence doesn't happen if he doesn't warmup skate with his back to the play from inside the CBJ blue line back to the bench. The puck literally went right near him and he didn't even care. It directly turned a 3 on 3 into a broken down 3 on 2. Some errors are far more egregious than others. You've done a poor job providing any kind of reasonable or logical defense, which tells me you can't be objective since you love the player.

• Like 2

On what planet for BOTH goals is it acceptable for the same D pairing to collapse down low allowing anyone to snipe from the slot on an nhl goaltender in his 3rd game in the third period? This was our 1st pairing too which is scary. Partial odd man rush or not you can’t do that either time.

Let’s be realistic here, especially when they clearly learned nothing the first time it happened to them lol

On what planet for BOTH goals is it acceptable for the same D pairing to collapse down low allowing anyone to snipe from the slot on an nhl goaltender in his 3rd game in the third period? This was our 1st pairing too which is scary. Partial odd man rush or not you can’t do that either time.

Let’s be realistic here, especially when they clearly learned nothing the first time it happened to them lol

They are lost in this system.

The first goal was mostly Panarin's fault. He failed to gather the puck or clear the zone, and overskated the puck. Trouba dropped down too low, but Panarin has to at least clear the zone.

The second goal, post Strome dilly dallying from the opposite faceoff dot all the way to the bench for a change, was a Brady Skjei special. No commitment to the puck carrier. Weak, failed poke check and then got easily taken out of the play via pick after the drop pass. He might as well have been laying down on the ice.

On what planet for BOTH goals is it acceptable for the same D pairing to collapse down low allowing anyone to snipe from the slot on an nhl goaltender in his 3rd game in the third period? This was our 1st pairing too which is scary. Partial odd man rush or not you can?t do that either time.

Let?s be realistic here, especially when they clearly learned nothing the first time it happened to them lol

It's not acceptable.

Dubois did pick Skjei on the winner, tho.

If ADA or Kreider capitalize, it never happens.

So as I said, the whining about Strome is overblown and at this point just laughable. Talking about scratching him and giving Chytil the minutes has to just be trolling.

It's not acceptable.

Dubois did pick Skjei on the winner, tho.

If ADA or Kreider capitalize, it never happens.

So as I said, the whining about Strome is overblown and at this point just laughable. Talking about scratching him and giving Chytil the minutes has to just be trolling.

Your Strome defense is terrible. Good thing you're not a lawyer :rofl:

Super disappointing loss after the decent first period. They had plenty of opportunities in the 2nd to make this is a 2-0 or even 3-0 game. Columbus really turned it on in the third and I was hoping they could take it to OT, but all those quality chances they were giving up were going to cost them. Just painful it came in the final minute of regulation ugh :(

Your Strome defense is terrible. Good thing you're not a lawyer :rofl:

More trolling. Awesome. Why don't you discuss the game?

Probably because it's apparent that you can't expect a win when you score 1 goal on an injured team's backup. While Strome's bad change (which I've acknowledged) led to a goal (helped by a Dubois pick on Skjei), that's not why they lost.

This game was lost by not capitalizing on scoring chances through out the game. Most notably just prior when they had 2 and barely got a shot.

Here's Quinn's take... Bad change but they were playing with fire all night.

The game wasn't about this player, or that player. Our best forward was Mckegg for fuck sakes. It was about getting dictated to, at home, in a game you needed, by a group of misfits.

They couldn't have been any kinder to their guests. When all the flashy stuff doesn't work, how you gonna get it done?

Ultimately, that's why they're in a playoff spot, with at least six AHL forwards dressed, and we're a .500 team.

The game wasn't about this player, or that player. Our best forward was Mckegg for fuck sakes. It was about getting dictated to, at home, in a game you needed, by a group of misfits.

They couldn't have been any kinder to their guests. When all the flashy stuff doesn't work, how you gonna get it done?

Ultimately, that's why they're in a playoff spot, with at least six AHL forwards dressed, and we're a .500 team.

How about a little more respect for the opponent? CBJ played a great game. They have 3 shutouts and have allowed a total of 3 goals against in their last 5 games. The Rangers aren't scoring 6 goals against everyone, every night. They need to learn how to win close, low scoring games. They did plenty of good things last night to be in a position to at least get it to OT. We can criticize the one player responsible for choosing to half ass it in the final 30 seconds of regulation. So yes, sometimes it comes down to this player or that player being lazy in close games.

More trolling. Awesome. Why don't you discuss the game?

Probably because it's apparent that you can't expect a win when you score 1 goal on an injured team's backup. While Strome's bad change (which I've acknowledged) led to a goal (helped by a Dubois pick on Skjei), that's not why they lost.

This game was lost by not capitalizing on scoring chances through out the game. Most notably just prior when they had 2 and barely got a shot.

Here's Quinn's take... Bad change but they were playing with fire all night.

Lol I've been talking about the game. You've just been crying because I didn't like a play by your man crush. Get over it.

And big surprise with Quinn's presser. Harped on the bad change. Referred to Strome as F3. Pretty funny. Has no trouble throwing Buch under the bus when it's him making a line change mistake in the past. Can't name Strome though?

Lol I've been talking about the game. You've just been crying because I didn't like a play by your man crush. Get over it.

And big surprise with Quinn's presser. Harped on the bad change. Referred to Strome as F3. Pretty funny. Has no trouble throwing Buch under the bus when it's him making a line change mistake in the past. Can't name Strome though?

More personal attacks. Good stuff. I'm moving on from your trolling.

:rofl:
Suggesting an almost point a game first line center be scratched over a bad change is funny.

Your mancrush comments are garbage. I don't use those names when you're defending a mediocre Trouba and Buch.

You're just shit posting at this point. Talk about the game without taking pot shots.

Suggesting an almost point a game first line center be scratched over a bad change is funny.

Your mancrush comments are garbage. I don't use those names when you're defending a mediocre Trouba and Buch.

You're just shit posting at this point. Talk about the game without taking pot shots.

I thought you were leaving?

• Like 1

That's usually the problem with a team that lacks identity and a structure to fall back on.

When the big guns are firing, great. But when they don't, you invariably lose.

This team has enough talent to win, but over an 82 game season + playoffs you need to be able to win when star players have an off night.