• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Since I am Getting Long in the Tooth Myself...

skunkman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing they've got a 24-year-old prince in waiting, then, eh?

Both you can have both. The NHL is a tandem league now. They'd be incredible together.

Hank is purely a backup at this point. I get that moving Georgie is likely but it's not actually the right move.

The right move is to move hank's 7m dollars -- how, I don't know.

Both you can have both. The NHL is a tandem league now. They'd be incredible together.

Hank is purely a backup at this point. I get that moving Georgie is likely but it's not actually the right move.

Not for long, you can't. Tandem goaltending may be the key, but it's still subject to the salary cap.

And they still have a load of high-performing goalie prospects behind them.

Amen Bro!

Are you the Twin i lost years ago on a Campin Trip?:D

Not for long, you can't. Tandem goaltending may be the key, but it's still subject to the salary cap.

And they still have a load of high-performing goalie prospects behind them.

You have two 23 yo NHL goalies right now. Fuck the prospects. You could pay them both what you're paying Hank.

You have two 23 yo NHL goalies right now. Fuck the prospects. You could pay them both what you're paying Hank.

No, you can't. It'll be offset for a bit, but Georgiev is already due a new deal. Even with a short-term bridge, you're still probably paying him $3-4 million next year and $7 million after.

If they're both legitimate starters, you're talking about $15 million+ in some kind of fucked up "dual starters" role. It's untenable. Trade Georgiev. Transition from Hank to Shesterkin in real-time. Keep growing your prospects, the same as you did with Shesterkin and Georgiev.

No, you can't. It'll be offset for a bit, but Georgiev is already due a new deal. Even with a short-term bridge, you're still probably paying him $3-4 million next year and $7 million after.

If they're both legitimate starters, you're talking about $15 million+ in some kind of fucked up "dual starters" role. It's untenable. Trade Georgiev. Transition from Hank to Shesterkin in real-time. Keep growing your prospects, the same as you did with Shesterkin and Georgiev.

Are you really gonna move a player because you're worried about what it's gonna cost in 4, 5, or 6 years from now, after they both earn two more contract?

Find a way to move Hank now, keep the kids somehow and next year if one must go then trade one then.

Are you really gonna move a player because you're worried about what it's gonna cost in 4, 5, or 6 years from now, after they both earn two more contract?

No, I'm gonna move him because his value is incredibly high, he's probably 4x the cost of Shesterkin next year, and I'd rather not shit on the franchise when an easier solution is staring me in the face.

If if this post wasn't true....how do you "move" Hank?

No way he retires. He doesn't make that much money, relative to the lifestyle he lives. I think he wants the $$$.

He's a massive cap burden but he gets paid like a 6th MLB starter reclamation project.

I don't think he retires either. I think they trade Georgiev, because it's the simplest solution presented. But that's not what he asked me. He was asking if my post wasn't true, how to get rid of him. I think that's the only viable alternative.

In my mind it's super simple and cut and dry.

Hank and Georgiev are of about equal ability right now.

Hank is immovable. Even if you got him to move, you'd get nothing back.

You can trade Geo and fill a hole (Hello there, Bracco!)

Geo might be in the mix next year, but won't be when Wall, Huska or the Swede are ready.

This is really simple. Move Geo.

In my mind it's super simple and cut and dry.

Hank and Georgiev are of about equal ability right now.

Hank is immovable. Even if you got him to move, you'd get nothing back.

You can trade Geo and fill a hole (Hello there, Bracco!)

Geo might be in the mix next year, but won't be when Wall, Huska or the Swede are ready.

This is really simple. Move Geo.

What hole does Bracco fill? He's a B prospect.

Georgiev is better than Hank now, and obviously going forward.