• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers at New York Islanders // Round Two, FIGHT!!!

High and Wide

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over Panarin?

Yeah, usually the players player award doesn't go to the MVP but rather the one that best exemplifies what it means to be a team player. Past four years Jesper Fast has won. Other past winners Ryan Callahan (3 times), Blair Betts, Jason Strudwick, Colton Orr, Jed Ortmeyer, Adam Graves, Darren Langdon, etc...

• Like 1

Funny, I had forgotten Brass's penchant for taking offensive zone penalties. At least just recompense for the lame embellishment penalty that led to the Islanders tying goal.

Trade Kreider and Georgiev?

To the tune of "A Message to You, Rudy" (The Specials), "A Message to You, Henrik"

#55 looked like a seasoned vet; #8 not so much.

How can you say that lol? Because he made one mistake with the puck? He played 26 minutes in one of the best defensive games of the season. More than any other player. 10 more minutes than the next pairing.

You guys are just looking for his errors at this point. He was a beast tonight.

How can you say that lol? Because he made one mistake with the puck? He played 26 minutes in one of the best defensive games of the season. More than any other player. 10 more minutes than the next pairing.

You guys are just looking for his errors at this point. He was a beast tonight.

He’s been ok actually

Hard to imagine him ever giving them their moneys worth but he is still finding his way and the rest of the D corps leaves a lot to be desired defensively.

They’ve also given him the toughest assignments, the most of the minutes, and saddled him with nearly 60% D zone starts, so that’s killed his possession metrics.

He needs to be better than ok though, and he has a long way to go to be worth all that paper they’re paying him. But I dont think it’s all been his fault and I do think he’ll improve.

For those wondering , it was 50/50 fan wise. Islanders were much louder in the beginning but second we tied it, shit got real close. After that it was mostly rangers fan making noise. As for that shithole they call a coliseum , they improved it much better. Beef was easy to get, bathroom lines were cut in half, and no fights that I saw of. Kinda miss the good old days but being able to piss when I needed to was clutch. Still, walking out of that place chest out like a boss felt like the GabyTort days when we won mostly and they were trash.

So much fun. Hope they do this again.

He’s been ok actually

Hard to imagine him ever giving them their moneys worth but he is still finding his way and the rest of the D corps leaves a lot to be desired defensively.

They’ve also given him the toughest assignments, the most of the minutes, and saddled him with nearly 60% D zone starts, so that’s killed his possession metrics.

He needs to be better than ok though, and he has a long way to go to be worth all that paper they’re paying him. But I dont think it’s all been his fault and I do think he’ll improve.

He's improved month over month so far this season. The team has looked different in the last few weeks and Trouba (along with Skjei) have been part of the reason for that. They've eaten a TON of ice time for this team. Tonight was no different. DQ should continue to ride them until their legs fall off.