• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MLB Penalizes Astros for Cheating During World Series-Winning 2017 Season

Phil

Alex Cora fired.

And the plot gets even thicker...

"New Mets manager Carlos Beltr?n also was implicated by Manfred in his report Monday, the only player mentioned. Manfred decided that no players would be disciplined for breaking rules prohibiting the use of electronics to steal catcher’s signs".

"The Mets have not commented on Beltr?n’s status."

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/01/14/alex-cora-out-as-red-sox-manager/

Alex Cora fired.

And the plot gets even thicker...

"New Mets manager Carlos Beltr?n also was implicated by Manfred in his report Monday, the only player mentioned. Manfred decided that no players would be disciplined for breaking rules prohibiting the use of electronics to steal catcher’s signs".

"The Mets have not commented on Beltr?n’s status."

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/01/14/alex-cora-out-as-red-sox-manager/

From what I heard and read they are not taking any action against the players which Beltran was during his time with the Astros. I also can't believe the Astros are the only team using technology to get a competitive advantage.

From what I heard and read they are not taking any action against the players which Beltran was during his time with the Astros. I also can't believe the Astros are the only team using technology to get a competitive advantage.

I'm sure many teams use game feeds to look at signals, for later when a runner is on 2nd they can relay those signals to the hitter. Relaying the signals in real time to hitters using a video feed basically to the dugout and beating a trash can, well, that crosses the line in a BIG way.

But he was still implicated, and the only player specifically named. It doesn't mean the Mets can't discipline him in some way. I mean, it's your new manager and he's been named as a cheater in one of the biggest scandals in baseball history. Doesn't put your team in a very good light obviously.

The difference between Beltram and the other huston players is that he isn't playing and isn't represented by the baseball union,which is a pain in the was to owners ,plus Beltram now makes decisions in the dugout

But he was still implicated, and the only player specifically named. It doesn't mean the Mets can't discipline him in some way. I mean, it's your new manager and he's been named as a cheater in one of the biggest scandals in baseball history. Doesn't put your team in a very good light obviously.

No it doesn't and it does give the Wilpons an out if they want to fire him and not pay him for breach of contract.