• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

OK — What to do with Strome Now?

The Dude

Would we say that 3 years ago?

Ummm, probably not, but even 3 years ago, we all knew that ADA had a very high upside offensively, in terms of potential.

Fox has a high upside too. Probably not quite as high. But up there.

However at this point, we KNOW what ADA can do in that area.

He’s a known commodity in that regard.

Fox isn’t at that stage yet.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can disagree on that one, but I get where you're coming from, man. I look at a guy like Chara...he's big, bruising and can move the puck. He can also fire lasers at the net. That's where I'm going...not Dylan McIlrath. ;)

One can also debate that with the absence of ADA, you won't need as much scoring because we won't give up as many...but I think this team will score just fine once we get a few players back in the deals we make for these guys. Remember, we'll most likely get back some value in these players we trade...or at least I hope so! LOL

Chara is 375 years old, and there hasn't been another Chara, since Chara. There's some decent big guys out there, but nothing franchise changing and nothing that much more special to offset DeAngelos talents. I'm not so sure DeAngelo isn't going to be able to pick up the defensive side of the game. He certainly likes to take the body..

I'm really surprised you're not more of a fan of this kid, because he's pretty spunky.

That's fine though. I mean I can't stand watching Fast play so many minutes, but the vast majority of the boards here love the twerp.

But let me get this straight. We have a defenseman that should put up around 55-65 points this year and is 24 years old. We should want to trade him because we want bigger guys and might have prospects that might pan out to be good too. It always amazes me how we wanted to build for the future, then get a piece that clearly could be part of the future, then decide he might not fit because we are building for the future again lol.

We certainly are a crazy bunch. We get rid of this kid and we will be regretting it for quite a while.

This is what drives me nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw fans wanting to trade DeAngelo for picks or prospects, because they want to have cost controlled youth.... I'm not going to sit here and say DeAngelo is definitely going to be elite. But it looks like he's turned that corner and is at least a legit option as an offensive D man. I really want to see where his development goes from here. Because he COULD be an elite guy. I mean he's really just getting started.

Banking on unknown is a risky game.

That’s what I’m saying

For the record, I think Fox will be fantastic. I think he’ll round into a very good, albeit undersized, two-way defender, who will provide nice offense. Maybe not to what ADA can do, but close.

But at this point, it strongly appears that ADA has established what he is and I think there are 60-70 point seasons in his future. And I think he does that consistently. We’ve all seen his offensive game. It’s elite or very close to it.

All he has to be is average defensively and it’s worth while.

The concern is the money. He’s getting a big raise and there’s cap implications.

He’s arb eligible, going to be coming off a big season, and they had some issues last summer.

To be fair, ADA was stupid to hold out with no leverage.

But it looks like he likes it here and wants to stick around

They should be able to figure out deals for him and Strome

Chara is 375 years old, and there hasn't been another Chara, since Chara. There's some decent big guys out there, but nothing franchise changing and nothing that much more special to offset DeAngelos talents. I'm not so sure DeAngelo isn't going to be able to pick up the defensive side of the game. He certainly likes to take the body..

I'm really surprised you're not more of a fan of this kid, because he's pretty spunky.

That's fine though. I mean I can't stand watching Fast play so many minutes, but the vast majority of the boards here love the twerp.

He is spunky and scored a nice goal last night as well....I just think it's going to cost too much for a guy I think we can replace with what's in the pipeline. That's all. I also think we can get a METRIC FUCK-TON in a trade for him if we move him at the deadline....especially while he's hot! It's not that I don't like him, it's just a "Sell High" mentality on the business end of this thing.

He is spunky and scored a nice goal last night as well....I just think it's going to cost too much for a guy I think we can replace with what's in the pipeline. That's all. I also think we can get a METRIC FUCK-TON in a trade for him if we move him at the deadline....especially while he's hot! It's not that I don't like him, it's just a "Sell High" mentality on the business end of this thing.

We're hopefully selling high on Kreider and Georgiev. I think we should keep DeAngelo. We had a lot of prospects that were supposed to be can't miss...several missed.

We're hopefully selling high on Kreider and Georgiev. I think we should keep DeAngelo. We had a lot of prospects that were supposed to be can't miss...several missed.

I hear ya, man! We just differ on ADA because I don't really admire his defensive play, and if we make the playoffs, there are teams that can really pinpoint stuff like that, and they'll take us to town on his poor defensive skill. The guy can score and play offense...no doubt...he's probably one of the top 5 or 6 in the league, and the fact that he's an RFA may even make him even more valuable if they do decide to trade him.

I'm not gonna go ape-shit crazy if they keep him, but I just think he may have to switch sides, like the guys mentioned earlier. But we'll see. I am certainly curious as to what we could get for him though ;)

I hear ya, man! We just differ on ADA because I don't really admire his defensive play, and if we make the playoffs, there are teams that can really pinpoint stuff like that, and they'll take us to town on his poor defensive skill. The guy can score and play offense...no doubt...he's probably one of the top 5 or 6 in the league, and the fact that he's an RFA may even make him even more valuable if they do decide to trade him.

I'm not gonna go ape-shit crazy if they keep him, but I just think he may have to switch sides, like the guys mentioned earlier. But we'll see. I am certainly curious as to what we could get for him though ;)

They can listen to any offers for him. If one comes along and a team throws an unbelievable offer, they should consider it

Oh Definitely, 7....without a doubt. I'd listen to any offer for ANY player not named Panarin or Zibby.

It’d be a no for me on Kakko or Chytil at this point too.

And I want to see Kravtsov too.

Not willing to deal him

It’s been a bit rough for him, but he’s back in Hartford and doing all the right things

Kid has a really high ceiling

It’d be a no for me on Kakko or Chytil at this point too.

And I want to see Kravtsov too.

Not willing to deal him

It’s been a bit rough for him, but he’s back in Hartford and doing all the right things

Kid has a really high ceiling

Barring it’s McDavid, my list is Panarin, Kakko, Kravtsov, Chytil, Lundkvist, Shesterkin.