• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Zack Kassian to Have Hearing Monday for Roughing Matthew Tkachuk

Phil

This is a scenario when a flames player should find the most important person on the Oilers on the ice and do it to him. The 2ndary fight is a game misconduct for both players. So you beat up McDavid and get him out of the game. While also getting retribution.

Regardless of honor or manliness, this beating had very bad optics as far as the NHL is concerned. Tkachuck never fought back. He delivered some big hits on a bad dude. OK, so the reaction by bad dude is to beat the crap out of him? How about making a hockey play and hitting him on your next shift? I dunno, maybe it's my age but the 'fight' seemed ridiculous to me.

This is the definition of "jumped", for those who don't see the difference between this and Lindgren/Kadri.
It's the same exact thing. Lindgren tried to protect himself and Tkachuk didn't. Now Tkachuk is getting flamed for turtling and there's an Athletic article with Kassian calling him a pussy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This is the definition of "jumped", for those who don't see the difference between this and Lindgren/Kadri.

Thought exactly of this when I watched this last night. Agreed. Not even in the same ice rink.

It's the same exact thing. Lindgren tried to protect himself and Tkachuk didn't. Now Tkachuk is getting flamed for turtling and there's an Athletic article with Kassian calling him a pussy.

It's not even fucking close to the same thing. Kassian spun his head around, looked for 19, grabbed him by the neck, tossed him down onto the ice, rag-dolled him a bit more, all while throwing haymakers.

Not. The. Same.

Thought exactly of this when I watched this last night. Agreed. Not even in the same ice rink.

It's not even fucking close to the same thing. Kassian spun his head around, looked for 19, grabbed him by the neck, tossed him down onto the ice, rag-dolled him a bit more, all while throwing haymakers.

Not. The. Same.

Yep not even on the same planet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

As everyone else has said, if you think this is the same I'm not sure what to tell you.

;998573]Thought exactly of this when I watched this last night. Agreed. Not even in the same ice rink.

Not. The. Same.

Kassian's gloves are off before Tkachuk turns away. Tkachuk knew exactly what was happening after delivering his second elbow of the night to Kassian's head.

I'm not defending either player in either situation. Lindgren had a hearing for his hit. So should Tkachuk. Kassian has a hearing for his retaliation. So should Kadri.

Kassian's gloves are off before Tkachuk turns away. Tkachuk knew exactly what was happening after delivering his second elbow of the night to Kassian's head.

I'm not defending either player in either situation. Lindgren had a hearing for his hit. So should Tkachuk. Kassian has a hearing for his retaliation. So should Kadri.

There's a reason Lindgren and Kadri got 5 each and Kassian got a double minor for roughing.

There's a reason Lindgren and Kadri got 5 each and Kassian got a double minor for roughing.
Yeah, because Lindgren attempted to protect himself and Tkachuk didn't. That's irrelevant.

My issue is with DoPS for the inconsistency. Tkachuk's high hits should be reviewed. Vigilante justice should be infracted out of the game.

Yeah, because Lindgren attempted to protect himself and Tkachuk didn't. That's irrelevant.

My issue is with DoPS for the inconsistency. Tkachuk's high hits should be reviewed. Vigilante justice should be infracted out of the game.

Pretty much this. Tkachuk turtled like a pussy.

That suspension is fine, but it's also inconsistent with the message about retaliation via fighting.